If you’ve got kids in the house, chances are dinner time is a hectic time of day. It tends to be the busiest time for day for us. Soccer practice, school functions, homework all tend to make our evening a bit crazy at times. Cooking a healthy dinner on top of that can sometimes put this mom over the edge. I love dinners that can be mixed all together and baked. Slowcooker meals are great too. My “no fail- go to” dinner in those crunch times, is BREAKFAST for DINNER!
Simple, easy and everyone loves it. So when I was asked to make up a recipe using VELVEETA® and Ro*Tel ®,I immediately thought of a breakfast casserole you can eat for breakfast OR dinner!
- Zippy Breakfast Casserole
- FYI- I cook very loose haphazardly, so please contact me if you have any questions.
- 5 or 6 precooked sausage patties, cubed
- 10-12 eggs
- 1 can Ro*Tel® drained
- 8 oz VELVEETA®
- ½ milk
- 1 tsp Johnny's Seasoning salt
- 1 Bag cubed hashbrowns
- Mix eggs with ¼ milk, add Johnny's Seasoned salt, cubed sausage, drained Ro*Tel® and hashbrowns into egg mixture.
- Heat VELVEETA® with ¼ milk until melted. Slowly stir into egg mixture. Pour all contents into a 9x13 baking pan (I sprayed Pam first). Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 min.
- Variations: Add olives and shredded cheese to the top.
I had leftovers that made great breakfast burritos the next morning. Score! This casserole would be great for Christmas morning! It’s hearty, tasty and easy.
What’s YOUR dinner ritual?
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.