This Homemade Body Wash was so simple to make and didn’t take more than 5 minutes!
Homemade Body Wash Recipe
You may have noticed on Instagram that I recently had surgery. I had been diagnosed with Uterine cancer and had a complete hysterectomy 4 weeks ago. I haven’t written about it here, but maybe someday. The important information, is that I’m cancer free.
The precautions they take to help prevent the spread of harmful germs leaves you with really dry and flaky skin. They gave me these large sanitizing wipes to wipe down my entire body from neck to toes. Then of course the solution they wipe you down with once in the surgery room. Even though I normally don’t have sensitive skin, this has left me with really dry skin.
I used my sugar scrubs, which helped, but my skin would be dry and itchy by mid day. After breaking out with hives one afternoon (still haven’t figured out why) I figured I’d try a ph balanced body wash using Castile soap. It couldn’t hurt right?
Homemade Body Wash Supplies
- Liquid Castile Soap – I use unscented and add my own scent.
- Vegetable Glycerine
- Essential oil – any scent that you love.
How to Make Homemade Body Wash
- Place 1 cup filtered or distilled water (I get mine from my fridge dispenser) in a medium size bowl.
- Add 1/4 Cup Liquid Castile soap.
- Add 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine – I found mine at New Seasons.
- Add 10-15 drops essential oils. I used Lavender, but you can add any scent you’d like, or omit this step for unscented.
- Stir gently and pour into a sealed container.
I put it in a cute glass bottle because well….. it’s much cuter for photos this way. But I transferred it to a plastic travel toiletries bottle for the shower. No one needs broken glass in the shower right?
I also designed a quick and cute gift tag or label in case you’d like to make a batch for quick gifts. Download your free body wash labels here.
Come the holidays, you’ll be looking for inexpensive DIY gift ideas. You should pin this for later!
This body wash could also be used for your hand pump soap dispensers. Tailor the scents for each room or use.
- 1 cup distilled or filtered water
- ¼ cup Liquid Castile Soap Unscented
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
- 10- 15 drops essential oils. Any scent you like.
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix.
- Pour into a sealed non- breakable bottle or container.
- Use as hand soap or body wash.
- I used a glass bottle for photos only. Transfer to a plastic or unbreakable container before using for the shower.
More DIY Homemade Beauty product ideas!
- DIY Whipped Body Butter – Today’s Creative Life
- DIY Detox Bath Recipe – Today’s Creative Life
- DIY Sea Salt Body Scrub – Today’s Creative Life
- Warm Vanilla Sugar Scrub – Today’s Creative Life
- DIY Gardening Hand Scrub – Today’s Creative Life
- DIY Citrus Salt Scrub – The Happier Homemaker
- Homemade Shampoo – DIY Inspired