Left overs…….How do you spice them up? I’ll admit, I’m not much of a left over kind of gal. But I’m trying to get better. It saves money, food, time! I had some left over ground turkey, so I thought I’d spice things up and use this recipe using VELVEETA® and RO*TEL®.
This is my last month with VELVEETA® and RO*TEL®.
I’m tellin ya……..meals are pretty simple with VELVEETA®. Seriously it’s the magic ingredient to up the YUMMY factor fast.
I hope you’ve taken a moment to enter the VELVEETA® and ROTEL® Weekend WOW sweepstakes. ($1,000 given away each week, and one grand prize winner of $15,000!)
Here’s a quick family pleasing meal I made. I omitted the green peppers…..just can’t do it. I can’t eat those. But you could if you like.
- Santa Fe Skillet
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey)
- ½ cup chopped onion s ( I used the small green onions)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup chopped green pepper s
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into ½-inch cubes
- BROWN meat with onions in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet.
- ADD water, tomatoes and cumin; mix well. Bring to boil. Stir in pasta and peppers; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 15 min. or until pasta is tender and almost all the water is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- ADD VELVEETA; cook 3 to 5 min. or until melted, stirring frequently.
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.