What to Eat For Dinner? Those words cross my lips a few times a week, as I’m sure they have yours too!
Ultimate Nachos – Favorite Meals
I’ve been asked how I try to make my week night dinners special. I thought about it and seriously the first thing that popped into my mind was “I have one”. I try and plan my menu Sunday for the week, planning something that is not only nutritious, but something everyone likes and feels comfort from. Planning and making dinner really does make me feel successful! Like you, our week can get crazy busy with sports, school events, meetings, and work related items, that actually assembling together for a home cooked meal is special. If I don’t plan ahead, it can go south really fast.
One of the meals my son never gets sick of is Ultimate Nachos with VELVEETA® and RO*TEL®. If I’m using VELVEETA®, he’ll eat anything. I followed the recipe from the Weeknight WOW site and added a couple of my own twists.
- 3 tablespoons (or more) Cumin and Chili powder to taste
- ½ lb ground Turkey
- 8oz. VELVEETA®, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 7 cups tortilla chips (about 6 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 Avocado- sliced
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, well drained
- jalapenos & onions - optional
- BROWN meat in skillet with your cumin and chili powder; drain. Add VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® to your meat mixture. Stir until melted.
- PLACE chips on large platter; top with VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® meat mixture and remaining ingredients. Top off with a bit of melted VELVEETA® if you'd like. You know it will be delicious!
I’d love to know how you make your weeknight meals special.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.