Cookie Bar Recipe
Who’s up for a good ole fashioned Bake Sale? With a twist of course! Keep reading!
It’s only mid September, but it already feels like my son has been back to school for weeks! Funny how you find that “school routine” groove pretty quickly. Along with school comes all the fund raising. Bake Sales are ALWAYS popular. I remember gazing at all the perfectly baked cakes and cookies and wanting to buy them all! Of course the most popular are yummy brownies or pretty cookies! Neither of which my mother baked nearly enough of and clearly I suffered as a child.
Who doesn’t LOVE a bake sale? All those homemade cookies, brownies and cake! People make their yummiest recipe for a bake sale, even though it’s not a competition…….but THIS bake sale is!! I hope you all have my back on this.
I’m working hand in hand with McCormick and we’re having a virtual bake sale. I’m on a team with 5 other bloggers and we’re competing against five other teams of bloggers……(they are SO goin down) ….all via my Pinterest board. I bet you’re wondering how you can help us win, right? You can help “buy” by repinning from my or my teams “virtual bake sale table”. If you help, guess what? You’re entered to win a McCormick Prize Pack!
My partners in crime, my teammate also have yummy yummy recipes!
Citrus Kissed Brownies from Food Family Finds
Peanut Butter Crownies from the Gunny Sack
Frosted Mexican Brownies from 30 Handmade Days
Raspberry Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting from the Rebel Chick
Double Chocolate Chunk Raspberry Cream Filled Sandwich Cookie from Parent Palace
Our job was to take a classic McCormick recipe and put our own spin on it. ……..I chose their Vanilla Rich Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, because what’s more classic than that? And because I’m all about Pumpkin right now, I thought I’d add a hint of autumn by blending in some pumpkin and pecans and make it into a cookie bar rather than drop cookies. It was a hit!
Want to enter to win a Prize Pack from McCormick full of spices, extracts, food colors, baking tools? ARV $75
TEAM #6 won the blogger contest.
- Visit the McCormick Virtual Bake Sale on Pinterest –
- Follow and Choose your favorite bake sale item. (psst, MINE!) Each pin is like buying a treat!
- Follow McCormick Spices on Pinterest
- Follow McCormick on Facebook
Here’s the original recipe……before I got a hold of it.
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1/14 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Pure vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter, and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 min or until lightly browned. Cook on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
This post was a sponsored post through the Mom if Forward community. All opinions are 100% mine and all mine.