Thanksgiving sides are so easy when you use your Crock pot! Just like my Crock pot Sausage Apple Stuffing, this Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe will not disappoint!
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
My mother in law brings Crock pot mashed potatoes every year for Thanksgiving and it’s so easy. Crock Pots are so easy to transport and then can easily be plugged in once you arrive at your destination. Keeps the food warm until dinner and doesn’t take up oven space! What more could you want?
I love potatoes! I lived on them when I was pregnant, and I swear I put Boston Market out of business. It was the one comfort food that sustained me.
Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes are one of those traditional holiday dinner sides. You really can’t go wrong serving potatoes. I mean who doesn’t like potatoes?
Can you Freeze Mashed Potatoes?
If you have leftovers, You will love the Left Overs Station I created. But really……leftover mashed potatoes……I think that’s an oxymoron. This recipe is also easy to freeze. An airtight container should be used. I use the Glad Freezer containers to make it easy! They should be good for at least 6 months.
I grabbed a stack of Chinese takeout boxes, along with my free printable Left Over labels and had people dish up what they wanted to take home! It’s organized, clean and people love it! You also don’t lose any of your valuable Tupperware.
- 5 lbs peeled potatoes and chopped - I use russet or yukon gold or a combination
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the chopped potatoes into your 5 quart crock pot and pour broth over the top.
- Cook on high for 4 and 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, salt and pepper to the crock pot.
- Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon or use beaters until it's creamy.
- This recipe freezes well in an airtight container.
- Add bacon bits, and butter to the top if wanted.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 453Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 48mgSodium 458mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 10g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.