With the Super Bowl coming up, it’s Queso time! This Crock Pot Queso Recipe or my Slow Cooker Mexican Taco Dip is so perfect for Slow Cooker Sunday and it’s so delicious and yummy, it’s practically all you’ll need for the big game! Well, that and my Blender Salsa that I’ll be sharing tomorrow.
Crock Pot Queso Recipe
Making queso in the crockpot frees up time and creates less dirty dishes. It also keeps it warm during the game for seconds, and maybe thirds. Serve it with tortilla chips, Fritos, Doritos, or even chopped up celery or cauliflower. We love Juanita’s Chips. Dang if they aren’t the best chips ever.
My Game Day Taco Salad would go great with chips and queso! So many options.
That salsa you see next to the delicious queso will be shared tomorrow. It is the quickest way to make delicious salsa. You’ll never buy salsa again.
I used my large 5 quart Crock Pot, but you could use a 2 quart or 4-quart crock pot…….or just double the recipe! If you’re using a large one like mine, it may take less time to cook.
- 16 oz. Velveeta - cut into cubes
- 1 can (10oz) Rotel
- 1 can Chili - I used Turkey Chili with beans
- 1 teaspoon diced chipotle peppers (optional - mine come in a jar by La Costena)
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies (optional)
- Place all ingredients in your crockpot, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- If your crockpot has a warm setting, switch to warm after the 4-6 hours.
- I stir it after each hour.