If you’ve got littles, then this DIY Keepsake Ornament will be the perfect DIY holiday craft to make for a quick gift or just for yourself. Creating holiday keepsakes is a fun way to make the holiday more special. And the kids love it!
This is also a great school activity if you’re a teacher looking for a gift the students can make. You’d have to do the sewing, but I bet all the moms would love it!
If you like making easy holiday crafts with the kids, you’ll also like this felt Christmas tree.
I think you’ll enjoy this guest post from a fellow blogging friend.
Hi, I’m Sara, also known as the Craft Snob and creator of WE SEW Crooked, a fun online course for new and nervous sewers.
Kim has been so kind to allow me to share a tutorial with all of you. I have four kids so I am often creating keepsakes with them.
Let’s make a DIY keepsake ornament with a few supplies you probably already have on hand… so no need to make a trip to the store.
How to Make a DIY Keepsake Ornament
- Old t-shirt
- Acrylic paint
- Fine point permanent marker
- Four inches twine
- Matching thread
- Cut two circular pieces from a t-shirt.
- Using your marker, write your child’s name and year.
- Paint a small amount of paint onto your child’s thumb, then create a thumb print on one circle.
- Cut a 4 inch piece of twine and fold in half.
- Place the circles on top of each other, right side out. Insert the twine in between the two circles.
- Now sew circles around the edges for a whimsical look.
Your kids will love seeing these DIY keepsake ornaments as they grow!
Holiday Ornaments You Can Make
DIY Floating Snowflake Ornament
How to Make Glitter Painted Glass Ornaments
Leave a Reply