If you’ve got littles, then this DIY Keepsake Ornament will be the perfect DIY holiday craft to make for a quick gift or just for yourself. Creating holiday keepsakes is a fun way to make the holiday more special. And the kids love it!
This is also a great school activity if you’re a teacher looking for a gift the students can make. You’d have to do the sewing, but I bet all the moms would love it!
If you like making easy holiday crafts with the kids, you’ll also like this felt Christmas tree.
I think you’ll enjoy this guest post from a fellow blogging friend.
Kim has been so kind to allow me to share a tutorial with all of you. I have four kids so I am often creating keepsakes with them.
Let’s make a DIY keepsake ornament with a few supplies you probably already have on hand… so no need to make a trip to the store.
How to Make a DIY Keepsake Ornament
- Old t-shirt
- Acrylic paint
- Fine point permanent marker
- Four inches twine
- Matching thread
- Cut two circular pieces from a t-shirt.
- Using your marker, write your child’s name and year.
- Paint a small amount of paint onto your child’s thumb, then create a thumb print on one circle.
- Cut a 4 inch piece of twine and fold in half.
- Place the circles on top of each other, right side out. Insert the twine in between the two circles.
- Now sew circles around the edges for a whimsical look.
Your kids will love seeing these DIY keepsake ornaments as they grow!
Holiday Ornaments You Can Make