Hot Cocoa Milk Shake? Yes please! Stephanie from Somewhat Simple is helping me wind down the Creative Girls Holiday Soiree. I am so grateful for the help of fellow bloggers during this past couple of challenging months. The amazing holiday ideas should inspired you for years! We love hot cocoa, whether it’s a Crockpot Hot Chocolate, a Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate, or this Hot Cocoa Milkshake! Keep reading to find out the secret ingredient!
Hot Cocoa Milk Shake
Hi guys! I am Stephanie from Somewhat Simple and I am excited to share with you a delicious Christmas treat — Hot Cocoa Milk Shakes!
Last week I made a special Hot Cocoa Milk Shake with candy cane ice cream- it was AMAZING!! (I think it is my new favorite winter indulgence.) Here is how to make it:
- 1 packet of your favorite hot chocolate mix
- milk (enough for one mug full)
- 1 scoop of your favorite ice cream
- Candy for garnish
- Start by warming milk in a small pot over high heat. It is up to you how hot you can handle this, so cook as long as you’d like, keeping in mind you might want it to start a bit hotter than normal since you will be adding a scoop of ice cream to your drink and you don’t want it to be cold.
- Once the milk has reached the desired temperature, whisk in the contents of the hot cocoa packet and mix until blended.
- In a mug, place one scoop of your favorite ice cream. Slowly pour hot cocoa over scoop of ice cream in the mug. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes. This will help the cocoa cool a little and help the flavor of the ice cream to incorporate into the cocoa.
- Garnish with candy if desired and enjoy!
Try this with any flavor ice cream you desire, the results are sure to be delicious!
See more from Somewhat Simple!
Here are a few more Christmas ideas you might enjoy: