Kari from AZ is the winner.
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of McCormick & Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
Did you know that Lasagna is one of the most searched top 10 family dinners? Me either!
I love me some Lasagna and was thrilled when McCormick.com wanted me to work with them again and makeup their recipe for Lasagna Formaggio.
They’re also letting TCB giveaway a Spice Kit to one lucky reader……..more on that at the end of the post.
I won’t lie……I was skeptical at first since this recipe seemed to have a LOT of ricotta cheese. And my husband was skeptical because it didn’t have meat. We gathered all our McCormick® spices and went ahead with it and …….. WOW! Not only was it super easy to make, but this was really good!
My photo doesn’t look anything like the photo in the recipe….. do they ever? But boy howdy was it delicious! It also made for a tasty lunch the next day.
Lasagna Formaggio Recipe
- Lasagna Formaggio
- Under $1.50 per serving. Ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses seasoned with Italian herbs are layered with pasta and marinara sauce.
- Serves 12
- 2 containers (15 oz each) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8oz) mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 jar (26oz) marinara or other pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt, and pepper in large bowl until well blended. Pour marinara sauce into a medium bowl. Pour water into empty jar; cover and shake well. Add to marinara sauce; mix well.
- Spread about 1 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat sauce, noodles and cheese layer once. Top with remaining noodles and sauce, making sure to cover noodles with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional marinara sauce, if desired.
Now who wants to win a McCormick Gift Set full of wonderful spices? All you have to do is leave me a comment on this post answering one of these questions.
“What’s YOUR favorite McCormick spice?” OR “Which McCormick recipe are you interested in trying from McCormick.com?”
Melinda Wilson says
I love their Salad Supreme added to pasta and diced tomatoes! I make this often and eat with grilled chicken!
Taco and italian … But i am eager to try the salad seasoning that everyone is talking about 🙂
Johnetta Dawson says
I love their garlic powder. I fix garlic bread at least once a week, so we go though the garlic powder pretty quick.
Patricia Hill says
I love their garlic salt.
Roe Clark says
I use celery salt or garlic powder the most….this recipe sounds good & also the Italian Style Soup with Turkey Sausage
Muriel Pretty says
It is so hard to make a decision on which spice I like the best.I use all of your spices all of the time because they are always fresh and never stale.I guess I would have to day is Garlic Powder,because I use it in almost everything.Thank you for this great contest also.
I just made Lasagna yesterday! Garlic is our favorite
My fave McCormick spice is Cinnamon!! YUM! I use it in alot of desserts..I also sprinkle it on cereal & oatmeal!
It’s also so good for you!
Thanks for the chance to win!
My favorite spice is their Mexican Spice. I use it all the time to make Carnitas with.