One-pot meals like this One Skillet Sweet Pineapple Chicken is easy to make and on the table quickly. Simple ingredients like chicken, pineapple, garlic and other spices make this meal a family favorite.
Like you, I’m ALWAYS on the lookout for new dinner ideas and this Sweet Pineapple Chicken will be perfect! Serve it with brown rice or alone. You can even add stir-fried or steamed veggies if wanted.
One Skillet Sweet Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Anything that can be made in one pan sure makes dinner clean up a breeze and one-pot recipes always seem easier to me. Similar to all my slow cooker recipes, this is simple and delicious.
My friend Allyson from Domestic Super Hero has been busy creating a few delicious recipes for TCB readers! This is one of them! I can’t wait to try it!
This would be so good on its own or served over rice as mentioned above. And we know the kids will love it because it’s sweet!
The beauty of this recipe is that you can add extra veggies if you’d like. I’d probably top mine with steamed broccoli, then drizzle a bit more of the sauce over the top.
Who’s joining me for dinner?
One Skillet Sweet Pineapple Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in half
- 1 large can pineapple chunks, juice set aside
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBS orange juice
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- In a small bowl, whisk garlic, orange juice, paprika, salt, pepper, and pineapple juice. In a large ziplock bag, add chicken and then pour sauce mixture over top. Press out air and seal bag. Let marinade for 30 minutes or more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large ovenproof skillet, add butter and melt over medium high heat. Add honey and mustard and whisk to combine; add pineapple chunks and stir. Add chicken breast halves, pressing them to the bottom of the skillet; cook 1 minute over medium/high heat.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven, cook for 20 minutes. In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch. After chicken has cooked for the 18 minutes, remove from oven, pour cornstarch mixture into skillet, mix as well as possible, then return to oven and cook for 5 additional minutes or until sauce has thickened up a bit.
- Spoon onto plates and serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 104mgSodium 248mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 36g
Gather up the family and let's have supper!
Fall Off the Bone Ribs Recipe
Find out the secret for these mouthwatering BBQ ribs.
Crockpot Beer Brats & Dogs
Make up a large batch of hot dogs or brats by using your slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Dipped Sandwiches
Hearty comfort food all in a sandwich!
Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans
Every BBQ needs baked beans!
Easy Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork
3 ingredients is all you need!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Make this on the stovetop or slow cooker!
Pesto Pea Pasta Salad Recipe
This pasta salad is a summer favorite.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Macaroni pasta salads are a BBQ staple.
We LOVE one skillet meals, and this one looks fantastic!!!
Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. says
sounds like a great combination!!
linda acosta says
You have lime juice in the recipe but not in the list of ingredients? How much should I use?
Thank you! Looks like the Lime juice was placed in instead of orange. All changed now.