Keep summer all year with this Rock Garden Photo Display featuring snapshots from your summer blooms.
Rock Garden Photo Display
I’ve had my eye on one of these Fujifilm INSTAX Mini 70 Instant Cameras for a bit. I didn’t have to think twice about working with them when asked and was excited to try it out. (Keep reading for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!)
My garden is bursting with blooms and I thought it would be fun to snap a few photos of my favorite flowers with the Fujifilm Instax Mini 70. I love the small photos it instantly creates and thought they’d be adorable for this Rock Garden Photo Display I had wanted to make. This way I can enjoy my own garden all year long.
Making a rock garden for simple photos creates an artistic stylish way to display whatever Instax photos you happen to be taking. You could step it up a notch and gather rocks from your summer adventures, along with snapshots from each location, then display your photo with it’s matching rock. Fun right?
I wanted to paint my rocks to match my office for my year round Rock Garden Photo Display. I love the color mixed with the copper wire.
How to Make a Rock Garden Photo Display
- Spray Paint – I used a metallic color called Rose Gold.
- Wire – 20 gage works the best. It’s easy to work with and can handle the weight of the photo.
- Rocks – I just grabbed some rocks out of our flowerbeds.
- Wire Clippers
- INSTAX Mini 70 Instant Camera and photos
- Using your Fujifilm INSTAX Mini 70 Instant Camera, take as many photos so you have a few to choose from.
- Spray paint your rocks. I spray painted one side, let it dry for about 10 min, then sprayed the other side.
- Cut a piece of wire and wrap it around your rock. Use the needle nose pliers to twist the wire so it’s snug. I have to admit, it took me a few tries. Be care of the wire flopping around. If it’s long enough, it could hit you in the face… or eye! Once a safety mom, always a safety mom.
- Determine how high you want your photo to stand and cut the wire accordingly. Leave enough room to create the curly section.
- I used a sharpie to tightly twist the wire around a few times. Your photo will slide between the wires, so you want them tight.
- Set on your table and slip the photo into place. Enjoy!
These are whimsical, so don’t worry about them looking perfect.
Fujifilm’s newest addition to the popular line of Instax cameras – Instax Mini 70. Mini 70 is the step-up model to the Mini 8 and offers a more advanced feature set, including, an updated camera design, improved picture quality, especially in dark scenes, new selfie mode with selfie mirror and a tripod socket. Designed to use Instax Mini style film.
More Photo Display Ideas
- Copper Wire Snapshot Display – Today’s Creative Life
- DIY Wood Slat Photograph Display – Today’s Creative Life
- DIY Life Size Photo Strip – Today’s Creative Life
For a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, tell me how you would use the Fujifilm INSTAX Instant Camera?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/1/2016 – 9/1/2016
Be sure to visit the Fujifilm 2H on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Stefanie G says
Stefanie G says
I would love a Fujifilm INSTAX to take lots of pictures of my niece! I’m her nanny so I get to spend a lot of time with her and it would be great to be able to capture some of her best moments!
Anastasia Falling says
Tweeted 🙂 – https://twitter.com/Enter_Now/status/771534298226708481
Anastasia Falling says
I would use this fun camera to take loads of pictures of the kids!! What fun, cool pictures we could take! 🙂