Since Easter is tomorrow, I’m bring you my Slow Cooker Sunday early because you’re going to need this for your Easter brunch.
Slow Cooker French Toast
Celebrating Easter with sweet goodness is part of the fun! Easter morning is so exciting for the kids with the Easter baskets, egg hunts and dressing up for church. It’s not always as exciting for mom, who is managing the schedule. Of course we enjoy it and wouldn’t trade it for the world, but it’s a bit more hectic with the extra activities.
What if I told you, I could make your morning easier?
I am partnering up with International Delight again and have created a time saving breakfast or brunch recipe perfect for Easter morning.
Slow Cooker French Vanilla French Toast can be cooking away while you attend to your many other duties.
You can also check out their Pinterest Board with more International Delight Inspired Easter IDeas.
This creamy and rich breakfast hits the spot! I used French Vanilla, my favorite flavor of International Delight Creamers. They have so many amazing flavors, but I seem to always reach for my ole stand by. I of course use it in coffee and I find it a great substitute in recipes that call for milk or cream. It’s just that easy.
I’ve used creamer in regular French toast, which is delicious, but I also LOVE it in this slow cooker recipe.
Slow Cooker French Vanilla French Toast
- Cooking spray or butter to grease the crockpot
- 1 loaf french bread
- 2.5 cups milk (2% or higher)
- 1 cup International Delight Creamer - I used French Vanilla, but other flavors would also be great.
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- Generously grease the crockpot insert with either cooking spray, or butter. I used butter because I love me some butter!
- Slice your French bread into one inch slices, then cut into cubes. I cut most of them, then realized tearing them was just fine too. You're going to place the bread cubes on a large cookie sheet and bake at 220° for about 30-40 min. You want the bread cubes to be dried out.
- Place dried bread cubes into your crockpot insert.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, International Delight Creamer, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour into your crockpot over the bread cubes and push the bread down to soak it all.
- Mix the 4 tablespoons soft butter with the brown sugar and nuts. Stir into the bread and egg mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. After 4 hours the center should be set but moist.
- When finished, turn the slow cooker off, remove the lid and set aside for 15-20 minutes
- Scoop out onto plates or in a bowl, serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
Now wouldn’t that make your morning easier?
For more inspring ideas, head on over to the International Delight Easter IDeas Pinterest Board.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.