While I’m away attending and speaking at the BlogHer Conference (who’s idea was that anyway?) I’ve got an amazing team of bloggers who are willing to hold down the fort! Today’s Post: Steak Stuffed Bell Peppers from this cutie McKenzie from Girl Loves Glam looks De.li.cious! I love easy dinner ideas! Pssst……guest bloggers love comments!
Steak Stuffed Bell Peppers
Hey there! I am McKenzie from the lifestyle and beauty blog, Girl Loves Glam.
I am so excited to be spending the day with you today by sharing one of my all time favorite recipes! I do love this recipe, but I think what makes it one of my most favorites is the fact that my husband is absolutely obsessed with it! He could eat these yummy stuffed bell peppers every single day! Knowing that he loves what I made for dinner makes this the perfect meal! They are so easy to whip up and are perfect for the summer!
Another great thing about these steak stuffed bell peppers is that they are much healthier than many dinner options and are very filling! They are full of delicious, flavorful goodness that you will be happy to put in your tummy. I am craving one right now!
The other great thing about making stuffed peppers is that you can totally customize them! Try them this way and if there is something you didn’t like, take that ingredient out and replace it with something you do like! Nothing has to be exact. That is the only way I can cook!
- 1 lb Steak cut into strips (I buy the kind already cut for stir fry)
- 3/4 package of sliced almonds (2.25 oz package)
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 8 oz sliced provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1 T steak seasoning
- Cook meat on medium heat. Once meat is almost fully cooked, add onions to the pan and cook together until meat is fully cooked and onions are soft.
- Cut the top of the bell peppers off and hollow them out. Set the tops of the peppers aside for later.
- In a bowl, mix almonds, cheese, and steak seasoning together. Add meat and onions to the bowl and mix all together.
- Use a spoon to fill the bell peppers with the stuffing mixture. Fill them to the top. Place the tops of the peppers on them like a lid.
- Place filled peppers on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Let the peppers cool down a little, remove the tops of them and enjoy! We usually cut them in half and eat them that way. They are delicious!
Enjoy these yummy peppers and make sure to check out these other great recipes on my blog too!