While I take this LONG vacation where I attended and spoke at BlogHer, traveled around San Francisco, Yosemite etc… I have so many great bloggers willing to spread their creative wisdom with you all! Today my dear friend Ruthie is sharing her amazing Strawberry Banana Bread. I LOVE quick breads and have also shared my recipe for strawberry cherry bread in the past. Yum!
Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
Good morning to all of Today’s Creative Blog friends!
I’m Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie and I’m SO excited to be visiting with you today. I’ve brought one of my all time favorite recipes to share and you’re just going to fall head-over-heels in love with it 🙂
This recipe is my Gram’s with a little spin… I took my Gram’s Banana Bread recipe and added a berry-licious twist plus threw in some browned butter which takes it right over-the-top 🙂
- 1/2 C browned butter
- 1/2 C applesauce
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs and 4 egg whites (to reduce fat/cholesterol)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 C strawberries, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh juiced lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 2- 9x5 bread pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- Place butter in small sauce pan, stirring constantly over medium high heat until turns light brown and has a nutty aroma, set aside to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt; mix and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, applesauce, and eggs; mix well.
- Drizzle in browned butter while mixing.
- Add vanilla; mix.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to 80% incorporated.
- Add mashed bananas and lemon.
- Gently stir in strawberries with wooden spoon.
- Mix to combine.
- Divide batter between pans, sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until inserted toothpick removes clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, turn out of pans, cook on rack.
Here are a couple of other delicious recipes you might also enjoy…
I hope you enjoy a wonderful summer with family and friends AND lots and lots of delicious cooking.
Thank you for having me over to visit… I just love Kim! She’s an amazing lady and I’m so glad to have gotten to know her through blogging. She’s every bit as awesome as you all think she is 🙂