Simple Summer Entertaining celebrations don’t need a reason, right?
Summer is a celebration in my book, so it’s all about relaxing with family and friends. With a child in school, we use up every drop of summer we can. We cram in so many weekend trips, vacations etc… it usually only leaves us with a couple of unscheduled weekends where I love spontaneous gatherings.
Being ready and having items on hand for a spontaneous Get Together make it easy! It’s much more relaxing for everyone involved.
I like to have the supplies to whip up quick appetizers and a refreshing beverage. Keeping it simple is key! It doesn’t take a lot of extra pantry space to be prepared, especially if you have also created a party pantry for pretty paper products.
Creating a Drink Cart
Creating a simple drink cart is pretty simple. I like using a rolling cart that can be rolled inside or outside, depending on where I need it. I can also tuck it away when needed.
- Rolling Cart – I found mine at IKEA. It also comes in a light cream.
- Mixers – We like Canada Dry, 7-Up, Squirt and juice.
- Glasses – Choose fun glasses that make it look like a planned event. There are so many great styles to choose from. Coordinate patterns and colors.
- Citrus Squeezer
- Herbs – We generally stick with mint and grow our own.
Many of these items can be kept on your cart all the time, adding the fresh items in the moment, such as fruit, juices, herbs, and ice.
We love a fresh tasting cocktail and used one of our favorites, the Mojito as inspiration for creating this refreshing Minted Pineapple Paradise. Using the Malibu Rum that has a hint of coconut, it just screams summer! The mixture of pineapple, coconut, and mint make you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation.
Now typically, we’re not big coconut people, but this Malibu Rum offers just a hint, just enough to give this drink a little depth.
How to Make a Minted Pineapple Paradise
- Gather your supplies: Glass, crushed ice, 1/2 a lime, citrus squeezer, pineapple juice, mint, Canada Dry and Malibu Rum.
- Muddle: After rinsing your mint, pluck a few leaves off. You’ll want to use just the leaves, no stems. Fill your glass 1/4 way full with crushed ice. Place your mint leaves in. Take your Muddler and start crushing the mint with the ice. (I can’t help but think of the Harry Potter movies and the Muggles every time I say Muddler)
- Squeeze: Squeeze the juice of half a lime. This part smells SO GOOD! The fresh muddled mint with the lime scent. Ahhhh. We love using a citrus squeezer. I think you get more juice. My husband just shrugs his shoulders when I say that.
- Add Juice: Fill your glass almost halfway with pineapple juice.
- Spike it: Add a shot glass of Rum.
- Top it Off: I added a bit more ice, then topped it off with Canada Dry.
- Garnish: Who needs an umbrella? Add a slice of pineapple and a mint leaf and you have your own paradise in the making!
Sitting out on the deck on a hot summer night with this refreshing drink is all you need!
Won’t you join me?
If you’re looking for Summer Cocktail Recipes, I think you’ll LOVE all the different ones they offer.