I love it when I can enhance a boxed cake mix into an even better tasting cake! Chocolate Lovers Cake is just that! So so fluffy! Who has time for baking from scratch all the time? We gotta keep it easy right?
Chocolate Lovers Cake from a Cake Mix
Since I had these adorable cupcake toppers from Seven Thirty Three (she’s got matching candy bag toppers and matching bottle wrappers) I wanted to make cupcakes. I also had a new 2 inch circle punch I had to try out. See………I HAD to make cupcakes just for all this!
I also thought I’d try putting fancy frosting on it too. Let’s just say I’m not patient enough to be a cake decorator and good thing these are Halloween cupcakes, because that frosting is pretty scary too.
My sister bought me a set of fun recipe books and one was the 101 Things to do with a Cake Mix by Stephanie Ashcraft. She has a ton of these recipe books for all different foods. This recipe was inspired by her.
- 1 devil's food cake mix (or chocolate works well too)
- 1 small box chocolate instant pudding (I used instant sugar free)
- 1 can (12 oz) Lemon Lime soda ( I used Sprite Zero)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 container frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cupcake liners into your muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, soda oil and eggs. I used my Kitchen-Aid, but any electric mixer will do.
- Mix well.
- Scoop into your muffin tin, filling half way.
- If you're wanting to make a cake, pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Muffins- bake 12-15 min
- Cake - bake 30-35 minutes
- Cool and frost.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 413Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 94mgSodium 573mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 1gSugar 35gProtein 6g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.