BBQ season is here!
And we all know that REAL BBQ’s are gonna have some sort of baked beans! Am I right?
This recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans is nice because it’s not going to heat up the kitchen, it’s obviously prepared ahead of time and it’s portable if needed. I have another slow cooker baked beans recipe that is a teeny bit different…… both are delicious!
Slow Cooker BBQ Baked Beans Recipe
Had I known that I’d have a house full of teens by dinner, I would have made this bbq baked bean recipe.
My son had invited a couple of his friends over to watch some soccer game on TV, which then turned into a group of 8 teen boys and girls playing cards and basketball. Good thing I had already made up a large batch of my favorite Broccoli Salad and had a large box of the best hot dogs ever in the freezer. Slow Cooker Hot Dogs and Brats would have been great too had I had more time.
(I buy Beef Franks from Zaycon by the case, which are so great for last minute gatherings. I love Zaycon 100% Natural chicken too. Here’s my affiliate link if you want to check out their fresh products.)
I also had a couple of bags of frozen fries that I quickly made into Chili Cheese Fries. I’ll share that recipe sometime soon.
Well fed kids are well behaved!
I don’t know why I was trying to be discrete by taking this photo below, but this was just a small glimpse of this awesome group of 16 year olds.
So yea…… a crockpot full of baked beans would have been good to have!
- 1/2 lb crispy bacon
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 onion or 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 cans pork and beans
- Fry your bacon until crispy - set aside
- Saute garlic and onion in the bacon grease or olive oil
- Mix brown sugar, mustard, bbq sauce, salt, pepper, chili powder and molasses in a small bowl.
- Add the bacon and garlic/onions to your sauce mix
- Pour pork and beans into your crock - do not drain
- Drain your kidney beans and place in crock
- Pour your sauce mixture into the crock
- Stir and cook on high for 1-2 hours or Low for 4-6 hours.
Variations: Add 1/2 lb cooked ground beef or turkey.
The beauty of most of my slow cooker Sunday recipes, is that they’re portable. This makes it easy to take to a potluck or BBQ.
Find more Slow Cooker recipes in my Slow Cooker Sunday archives or look at ALL the slow cooker and crock pot recipes I’ve collect on my Pinterest board.