You may recognize this flour-free Oatmeal Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe from on the back of Trader Joe’s Oatmeal package. This no-fail peanut butter chocolate chip cookie turns out every time! It’s one of my all-time favorite cookies and is so easy to make!
Flour Free Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe
I love that these cookies are flour-free and so easy to make. Although they still have sugar, they feel a bit more healthy and guilt-free.
They are chewy with enough crispiness around the edges. Dare I say they are the perfect cookie? Perfect for dunking in your coffee.
Trader Joe’s oatmeal has been one of my favorite brands for years. It’s high quality and doesn’t cook up mushy like so many others. My other favorite is Snoqualmie Falls. You’ll never go back to any other brand after trying these two.
I always check the back of the packaging for recipes and not always are they a keeper, but these are!
How to Make Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Rolled Oats – not instant
- Brown Sugar
- White Granulated Sugar
- Nut Butter – I used peanut butter
- Baking soda
- Chocolate Chips – Other flavored chips like butterscotch or white chocolate are equally delicious.
Other Cookie Making Items Needed”
- Cookie Sheet
- Cooling Rack
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixer – optional
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups Trader Joes Rolled Oats (Just a hunch, but I bet other rolled oats would work)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sunflower or chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda and mix well.
- Add peanut butter and mix.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place teaspoon full of dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly brown around the edges.
- Substitute peanut butter for any nut butter.
- Omit nuts if desired
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 222Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 21mgSodium 141mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 5g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.
Substitutes for Gluten-Free Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Substitution
Any nut butter will do great. Try almond butter, sunflower butter, cashew butter.
Chocolate Chips Substitution
- Use butterscotch chips, white chocolate or peanut butter chips.
- Sweetened carob chips.
- Chopped up chocolate bar
- Use cocoa nibs for a healthier version. “Cacao is unprocessed chocolate — it contains no sugar, very little fat, and lots of antioxidants. Cacao nibs can completely replace chocolate chips in any recipe!”
This chart is a great guide for how to substitute sugar with Maple syrup, Agave, Honey and more.