I have been wanting to make one of these FOREVER! This Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Fruit Pizza was so much easier than I thought it would be! Shaped like an egg, topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting and your favorite fruits, makes a colorful Easter dessert!
Fruit pizzas are always a fun surprise. Have you tried the Watermelon Fruit Pizza here on TCL?
Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Fruit Pizza
I had a roll of store-bought sugar cookie dough in the fridge. I don’t even know how it got there, but I wasn’t going to waste it.
Ever since a co-worker back in the 90s brought a fruit pizza to work, I’ve been mesmerized by them! This was my chance to make one! And since it’s close to Easter, why not make it in the shape of an Easter egg?
I was kind of worried about getting the egg shape, because, fancy baking isn’t my skill set.
After letting the cookie dough warm up, I squished it into a ball. I placed it right on my baking sheet and just rolled it out… and it magically rolled out in the shape of an egg! How lucky was that?
After I baked it, and it was cool, I spread the most delicious cream cheese frosting over the top. From there, it was all about getting creative. I had a variety of fruits in all the right colors.
You really can’t mess this part up. Just channel your creative side and have fun!
What if Easter is over and you still want to make this Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Fruit Pizza? You can! It can be the shape of a circle instead.
Look how easy and adaptable this recipe is? 🙂
I ended up walking this over to the neighbor and they were very impressed.
And just a quick note for those of you who would never buy pre-made cookie dough, it’s OK, you can use homemade cookie dough.
How to Make a Fruit Pizza
- 1 batch sugar cookie dough - either store-bought or homemade
- 12 oz. cream cheese brick - room temp
- 6 tablespoons butter - room temperature
- 2 cups powder confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Colorful Fruits - I used strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, mandarins, grapes. Some may need to be cut into smaller pieces.
- Roll out cookie dough into an egg shape onto a cookie sheet. Trim if needed.
- Bake according to package instructions until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, continue to beat until well blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Spread frosting on to the cookie, then decorate and create a design with your fruits.
Print out the recipe or pin it for later!
Join me over on Instagram.
More Recipes with Fruit