Learn how to easily make this Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Fruit Pizza with fresh fruit, cream cheese frosting and sugar cookie dough.
I have been wanting to make one of these FOREVER! This Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza was so much easier than I thought it would be! Shaped like an egg, topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting and your favorite fruits, makes a colorful Easter dessert!
Fruit pizzas are always a fun surprise. Have you tried the Watermelon Fruit Pizza here on TCL?
Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Fruit Pizza
I had a roll of store-bought sugar cookie dough in the fridge. I don’t even know how it got there, but I wasn’t going to waste it.
Ever since a co-worker back in the 90s brought a fruit pizza to work, I’ve been mesmerized by them! This was my chance to make one! And since it’s close to Easter, why not make it an Easter treat in the shape of an Easter egg?
I was kind of worried about getting the egg shape, because, fancy baking isn’t my skill set.
After letting the cookie dough warm-up, I squished it into a ball. I placed it right on my baking sheet and just rolled it out… and it magically rolled out in the shape of an egg! How lucky was that?
After I baked it, and it was cool, I spread the most delicious cream cheese frosting over the top. From there, it was all about getting creative. I had a variety of fruits in all the right colors.
You really can’t mess this part up. Just channel your creative side and have fun!
What if Easter is over and you still want to make this Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Fruit Pizza? You can! It can be the shape of a circle instead.
Look how easy and adaptable this recipe is? 🙂
I ended up walking this over to the neighbor and they were very impressed.
And just a quick note for those of you who would never buy pre-made cookie dough, it’s OK, you can use homemade cookie dough.
How to Make a Fruit Pizza
- 1 batch sugar cookie dough - either store-bought or homemade
- 12 oz. cream cheese brick - room temp
- 6 tablespoons butter - room temperature
- 2 cups powder confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Colorful Fruits - I used strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, mandarins, grapes. Some may need to be cut into smaller pieces.
- Roll out cookie dough into an egg shape onto a cookie sheet. Trim if needed.
- Bake according to package instructions until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, continue to beat until well blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Spread frosting on to the cookie, then decorate and create a design with your fruits.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 126Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 22mgSodium 71mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 1g
Can I Use Homemade Sugar Cookie Dough
Of course! If you have a favorite sugar cookie dough you’d rather make and use, go for it! I’m usually pressed for time, so having the option to create a fun dessert quickly by using store-bought cookie dough is a time saver! You can even make your own frosting if you wish. Tailor this recipe to meet your needs.
What Fruits are Best for Sugar Cookie Pizzas
When I created this Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza to look like an Easter egg, I wanted bright colors. But you can use any of your favorite fruits you’d like. I would, however, avoid any fruits that may be more watery, like watermelon.
- Mandarin Orange wedges
- Pomegranate seeds