With summer around the corner, I get so excited for so many things. Of course the great weather, but the fresh produce, the fresh berries, the wild blackberries. And making this Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe! I have also thrown it into the slow cooker too for a Crockpot Blackberry Cobbler. Yum!
Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Living here in the NW, we are lucky to have a wide variety of different kinds of berries throughout the summer. I devour the local strawberries straight from the farmers and I only need to walk a few steps out my back door into my yard to pick our very own raspberries and blueberries. I am also lucky enough to have blackberry lined walking trails near my home to pick a few for one of my most favorite summer time recipes.
I use this method in preventing my berries from molding! You’ll be so happy!
I make this recipe in the winter with frozen berries or pie filling when I’m desperate. Still delicious, but boy can it leave a mess in my oven. All those berries bubbling over can leave a nice reminder in the bottom of my oven that I just baked a yummy dessert.
Having a self cleaning oven comes in handy since I hate using oven cleaner. It just seems so toxic to place inside a place where I cook my food.
- EASY Blackberry Cobbler
- I like "cakey" cobblers. I'll eat the "crumble" kind if I have to, but I prefer this recipe for it's fluffy cake like texture. Add some vanilla ice cream and you're golden.
- With the fresh berries, the mess isn't as bad......both ways luckily are delicious!
- 1 cube butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup sugar to sprinkle on the top
- ¾ milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups blackberries
- Pour melted butter into the bottom of a 7″x11″ baking dish. Mix together the milk, 1 cup sugar, flour and baking powder. Pour mixture over the butter. Do Not Stir. Sprinkle berries over the batter and butter. Do Not Stir. Sprinkle ½ sugar over the berries. Do Not Stir
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min, or until crust is brown.
This recipe can be made with any type of berry or even a mixture of berries and as I mentioned, I use frozen or pie filling when fresh aren’t available. Experiment, have fun with your food!
Here’s to creating messy ovens! It means we’ve cooks delicious meals.
More yummy treats!