I knew we’d want something sweet while watching the movie my husband picked out, and I knew a dessert in the crockpot doesn’t take too long……...and I was still needing something for Slow Cooker Sunday! I looked around for what ingredients I had and decided something with pie filling would be perfect. If I had it my way, I would have used cherry pie filling, but my husband isn’t a cherry pie fan. I don’t understand it either……. I love cherry pie…….takes me back to my childhood where we ate preservative laden hostess pies. Those were so good! Since I don’t make pie, a cobbler is the next best thing!
Crockpot Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
We had blackberry pie filling and baking mix to make this happen. We had a couple of hours before movie time, this was going to be perfect. The only thing better would have been having vanilla ice cream to scoop on the top.
Thank goodness I had this dessert because the movie (Lincoln) bored me half out of my mind. I really wanted to like it. I love the actors, the job they did and I love Abraham Lincoln……but dang…..I just couldn’t hold on. My cherry pie filling hating husband however loved every minute.
- Adapted from [email protected]
- 1 can Blackberry Pie filling
- 1 cup whole grain baking mix
- (regular will work also, it's just what I had on hand)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used truvia)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup milk (almond milk should work as well)
- I didn't put a topping on mine, but if you'd like, here it is.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup quick oatmeal or instant
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Spray the inside of your crockpot ( I used a 6 qt) with cooking spray. I used coconut oil, but you could use Pam or butter.
- Spoon your pie filling into the bottom of your crockpot and cook on high for 15-30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the biscuit mix, cinnamon, sugar.
- Slowly add milk to the dry mix and stir.
- Spoon biscuit mix over your pie filling in dollops, then gently spread until your pie filling is covered.
- Cook on low for 1½ to 2 hours
- We didn't use the topping and it was great without it.
- Mix topping ingredients together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over your cobbler and cook for another 10 min.
- Scoop out and EAT! Add whipped cream or ice cream if desired! YUM!