It’s time for another slow cooker/crockpot recipe! I’ve been making this EASY Crockpot Apricot Chicken for a few years. It’s SO simple and only takes 3 ingredients, other than the chicken.
I don’t even remember who gave me this recipe, but we love it! Making a large batch of Apricot Chicken in the crockpot is a great way to have it on hand for salads, pasta dishes or quick leftovers. We use it for a quick bento bowl. We’ll usually add a handful of veggies and make it a one-bowl meal. I could eat every meal from a bowl.
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
There is nothing better than having dinner ready for you with a delicious slow cooker meal! That bewitching hour when it’s time to make dinner is the worst! Thank God for my slow cooker, otherwise, I’m not sure how often my family would get a hot cooked meal.
How to Make Crockpot Apricot Chicken
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts or 10-12 Chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup Apricot Preserves
- 1/2 cup French Salad Dressing
- One package of Onion soup mix (I use Lipton 2 pouch 1.9 oz box)
- Sesame seeds (garnish)
- Mix the salad dressing and onion soup into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the apricot preserves and chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir at least once after it's warmed up to mix in the preserves.
- Serve over rice, pasta, salad. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 527Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 184mgSodium 447mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 66g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
How to serve Apricot Chicken
- Make a rice bowl with veggies.
- Serve with sides like my Chinese Garlic Green Beans, or a green salad.
- Shred and use in a burrito
- Serve with baked potatoes
Can Apricot Chicken be made in the oven?
This recipe can be baked in the oven. Place chicken in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Mix up the ingredients and pour over the chicken, then bake for 50-60 minutes at 350°. Always make sure chicken’s internal temp is 165° for safety.