It’s Slow Cooker Sunday! I’ve been sharing a weekly crockpot recipe with you for a couple of months. Today I’m sharing Crockpot Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I’ve heard people rave about Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps for a few years now. I had NEVER tried them. Wrapping meat up in a piece of lettuce didn’t sound very appetizing to me. I’d rather just have my Asian chicken over rice. I love a good teriyaki chicken, so I thought I’d be a big girl and try lettuce wraps.
Crockpot Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
THEY WERE GOOD! And someone asked me the next day if I had lost weight. So I am thinking it must have been the lettuce wraps. Right?
I started to follow Stephanie’s Crockpot Asian Chicken Lettuce wrap recipe. She’s the crock pot queen. But I just had to mess with it a little and add a few other things. I was out of white wine and almost ran up and down the street to ask my neighbors for a 1/4 cup white wine, but it was before noon and I didn’t want to tarnish my reputation by them possibly thinking I was desperate and hittin the bottle. I quickly skyped Stephanie…… I love that about the internet! I love that I have so many “blogging friends” I talk to daily. As I was saying…….I skyped her quickly and she suggested apple juice instead, so that’s what I used. It worked.
My family gobbled these up and asked for more. I think my son had 4 of these. Will I make them again? Yea…….probably. This chicken would also be really good over rice.
- 2 chicken breasts - cut into really small pieces. (most recipes call for ground chicken or turkey)
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped really small
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white wine or apple juice - I used apple juice because I didn't have wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (you can also use what you have in your spice cabinet)
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (same as rice vinegar)
- 1 head Romaine lettuce,washed. Trim lettuce leaves to the size you want to use
- Peanuts for garnish
- Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red chile paste
- Cut your chicken into very small pieces and place inside your crockpot.
- Combine all other ingredients into your crock and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Prep your lettuce leaves by washing, patting dry and trimming. I used Romaine, but butter lettuce would also work. Place your chicken directly onto the lettuce.
- Dipping Sauce
- Combine all ingredients together before your chicken is done. I like to let mine sit a bit before serving.
- Drizzle a small amount onto your chicken filled lettuce, garnish with peanuts, wrap it together and enjoy!
Other yummy Slow Cooker recipes: