I’m always looking for meals that I can cook in my slow cooker, ones my family asks for time and again and can be used in other recipes as well.
This Chipotle Pepper Crockpot Shredded Beef hit the mark. It turned out so good, I had to share it as a Slow Cooker Sunday recipe.
Chipotle Pepper Crockpot Shredded Beef Recipe
I’m warning you up front……little kids may not like this. It was spicy. Not “make your eyes water or your nose run spicy” but it had a kick to it that my son probably wouldn’t have liked when he was small. I would say it’s equivalent to a medium salsa spicy. It was the Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. I have never cooked with them before, but that’s going to change. The sweet smokey little can of these peppers smells so wonderful! I added about 5 of the peppers, but you could reduce the amount to reduce the amount of kick.
Typically, we are not a left overs type of family, unless it’s Chinese food or pizza. But when I make my Copy Cat Cafe Rio Shredded Chicken or my Slow Cooker Chili, we save the left overs. This Chiptole pepper Shredded Beef is now on the list to save as left overs.
We had burritos the first night using the uncooked tortillas……..but we of course cook them before eating. I use the Tortilla Land brand since it’s the only uncooked tortilla in my grocery. These are SO yummy! If you can’t find them in your area, I found the Tortilla Land brand in corn and another brand for the flour on Amazon. (these images as well as the ones at the bottom of the post, contain a referral affiliate link. All that means is that I will receive a teeny tiny % of your purchase if you choose to purchase. I am required by law to disclose this information)
As mentioned, we saved the left overs. My husband treats beef like it has a crown……as he should since this roast was $22. It was great for making a shredded beef salad the next day. I can also see using it in a burrito bowl, or a chili or taco soup.
For your convenience, here are a few items that I used for this recipe.
- Citrus Squeezer– Money well spent. I just received one for Christmas and LOVE it! I squeeze lemons and limes daily for my water and this works like a charm!
- Smoked Paprika
– This spice will change your life. I use it in my own taco seasoning, soups, burritos……anything I want a bit of smokey flavor.
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce– My new love
- Crock-Pot – I love love love my crockpot. I have the 5 quart size
- Garlic Peeler, 5 1/2 Inches– Where have you been all my life? Just roll the garlic inside this little tube and Voila, it magically falls out unpeeled!
See more Slow Cooker Sunday Recipes here and on my Slow Cooker Pinterest Board.