I made the best Slow Cooker Mexican Taco Dip today!
I was looking through a bunch of old recipes books from my mother and came across an old Taste of Home Slow Cooker book. I found a recipe that inspired this dip, it sounded so good, but I knew I had to put my own spin on it!
Slow Cooker Mexican Taco Dip Recipe
This Slow Cooker Mexican Taco dip will be perfect or game day or any potluck.
I’m even making a few burritos with it. I just added a little shredded cheddar cheese to thicken it up and they were delicious!
Slow Cooker Dips are always nice because they stay warm until you’re ready to party. This is so tasty and reminds me a little of my Slow Cooker Queso Dip, which is also an all time favorite.
Who am I kidding? I love all kinds of dips, slow cooker or not! I have several for you to choose from.
- Slow Cooker Apricot Brie Dip
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Easy Clam Dip
- 5 Minute Blender Salsa
- Hot Apple Pie Dip
- Simple Guacamole with Salsa
- Hot Cheesy Bacon Dip
- Jalapeno Cheese Dip
- White Chili Queso Dip – Tidy Mom
That’s why making this dip was an easy decision. I knew we’d love it. I knew my husband would just make a meal out of it and love an excuse to eat as many chips as he could. It’s great as I mentioned in a burrito, but also on hot dogs. So perfect for the big game!
If you’re heading to someone’s house and need to take an appetizer? This is it! It travels well and stays warm.
If you really wanted to, you could cook this on your stove top. I’d follow the same directions in the recipe below, but over medium heat and watch it closely.
Slow Cooker Mexican Taco Dip
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup onion
- 1 box Spanish Rice - Like Zatarains
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel
- 1 (14 oz) Enchilada Sauce
- 1 lb Velveeta process cheese
- Brown the ground beef and onions.
- While the beef is browning, add all other ingredients into your crockpot.
- Add in the ground beef mixture and stir.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
- The rice will soak up the liquid as it cooks.
Serve with tortilla chips, fritos, over hot dogs, or in a burrito.
So cheesy and irresistible! And I love that this is made in a slow cooker!