It’s guacamole time! Do you know how I know that? Because the Super Bowl is this weekend and we MUST make this simple guacamole recipe with salsa. Or if you want something a little fancier, try my Chipotle Pepper Guacamole.
We love guacamole around here and I can’t lie……I’m thrilled my son has always loved avocados. Seeing a one-year-old devour an avocado for his snack made me feel like I was the best mom on the planet. So good for you and they’re green, so it counts as a green veggie right? Or are they a fruit? Who cares! They are delicious!
Simple Guacamole Recipe with Salsa
Guacamole is the perfect football food, I think it’s pretty much a requirement. Otherwise, your team will lose. True.
Have you ever made guacamole? Contrary to what you may think, it’s NOT hard to make. At least my way is easy.
I don’t like complicated food or recipes with a ton of ingredients or steps. I also don’t like a lot of onions.
How to Make Simple Guacamole
- 4 Medium Avocados
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo (chunky salsa)
- Juice of one lime
- Slice your avocados, scooping out the "meat" into a bowl. Discard the pits and skin.
- Add your Pico de Gallo or salsa.
- Slice a lime and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
- TASTE! This is when you'll be able to tell if you need any additional salt or garlic. Depending on your pico, this is when to add the garlic cloves.
- If it tastes too salty, add another avocado.
This goes great with nachos or just as a dip. We like to make cheese chips (lazy man’s nachos) and just melt cheese over the chips, and then dip away. Again……..so simple, but so delicious. It’s a really fast way to make an appetizer for a crowd or just a couple of people.
How to Peel and Cut an Avocado
If you eat a lot of avocados, do yourself a favor and get an Avocado Slicer. It has changed my life. It makes slicing, pitting and scooping quick and easy.
- Use the knife edge to slice lengthwise around the avocado.
- Twist gently to open.
- Use the 3 prongs round portion of the avocado knife to push into the pit. Twist to remove. Now push your finger into the small hole to release the pit into the garbage.
- Using the oval section with lines to scoop your avocado into slices.
Using this tool makes making this Simple Guacamole Recipe with Salsa even easier!