If you’re hosting a tailgate party at home this year, I’ve got the perfect solution for Game Day Simple Tailgate Food Ideas! A full variety for a delicious spread of football food! I’m all about less work and more fun, all the while saving money!
Entertaining can seem overwhelming, but these simple tailgate party tips and ideas will save time, money and stress! Let’s ALL enjoy the party, even if it’s just your own family.
Hosting a party can be expensive, so I was pretty happy to partner with one of my favorite cash back rewards apps, Ibotta. I mean, who doesn’t love saving money and receiving cashback on purchases made in-store or online?
Using Ibotta is easy!
- Download the free app
- Add your favorite offers
- Purchase the products
- Redeem offers & get cash back! Keep reading for more details.
Simple Tailgate Food Ideas
I wanted to create something similar to a charcuterie board, but with game day foods. I started searching for an extra-large platter or board in all my serving ware and nothing seemed big enough for what I had in mind. My girlfriend who was here from out of town suggested I use something unexpected and that’s when I remembered I had an industrial-sized muffin baking pan that would be perfect for a dishing up a variety of football snacks in a fun and festive way.
Since our tailgate party was at home, this was something I could place right on our trunk that acts as a coffee table, without overcrowding the space with multiple platters of snacks. Plus it was unique, interesting and really functional!
You gotta think outside the box sometimes!
I filled my new tailgate football party food platter with a mixture of tastes, texture, and color. You’ll be amazed by how creative and delicious it will turn out.
Football Food Finger Foods
- Hearty Foods – you gotta have something meaty. I chose chicken wings, wrapped smokies, meatballs and cheese cubes. Add tongs or toothpicks so they can grab what they need. These will usually go first, so have extras ready to refill.
- Veggies – Make the vegetables easy to eat. Slice everything for easy grabbing.
- Dips & Condiments- People love to dip foods, especially party food! Whether it’s chips, vegetables, crackers or wings… dipping choices are key.
- Crunch – Add a variety of texture for crunch!
Of course, it’s always a great idea to have a few large bowls filled with chips & popcorn and bottled water.
Be sure of offer small paper plates and napkins. I keep it simple with plain white, but you can always go all out and use your team’s colors. If you have extra time and energy, here are some game day printables for easy party decor.
How to Host a Tailgate Party and Save Money
Kick off fall with cash back from Ibotta. From your closet to your tailgate, they’ve got you covered. Using the Ibotta app will save you money everytime you shop!
In fact, there are 3 easy ways to earn cash back. Download the app and start earning today.
- Find Offers – Before you shop, add offers on great products.
- Go Shopping – Buy the products you selected at any participating store. Don’t forget your receipt!
- Redeem – Redeem your offers by taking a photo of your receipt. We’ll match the items you bought to the offers you selected and give you the cash!
- Get Cash – Your cash back will be deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours.
Link Loyalty Card
- Link your Loyalty Cards – Choose one of our Preferred Partners and connect either your loyalty card or phone number.
- Find Offers -Before you shop, add offers on great products by completing simple tasks.
- Go Shopping – Use your loyalty cards or phone number at check out and we take care of the rest!
- Get Cash – This will show up in your Ibotta account.
Mobile In-App Purchases
- Find Offers – Before you shop, browse cash back offers from top apps.
- Launch App -Tap on the Shop button from the Ibotta app.
- Go Shopping – Make a qualifying purchase in a participating app.
- Get Cash – Same as listed above.