Hey everyone! I have added another Creative Contributor! Allyson from Domestic Superhero! Allyson already supplies Today’s Creative Life with amazing Slow Cooker Sunday recipes, so I know you’ll enjoy anything other recipes or creative DIY projects she’ll be bringing here! Like this Chinese Beef Green Beans Stir Fry recipe she’s sharing. Easy dinner recipes like my Ravioli Casserole with meat sauce and this quick beef and bean stir fry recipes, make dinner planning less stressful! You’ll want to save this for those hectic nights! If you love green bean recipes, try her Spicy Garlic Green Beans.
Hey y’all! I am super excited to be a new contributor on Today’s Creative Life! This is one of those things that is kind of unbelievable, because 3 years ago when I started blogging, Today’s Creative Life was one of my favorite blogs. I visited Kim’s blog frequently and always looked forward to her posts. Flash forward 3 years a later, I am still blogging on Domestic Superhero (my blog!)and here I am, posting on one of my all time favorite blogs – totally surreal! I have lots of good things to share, so let’s get to it! Today I am sharing a delicious recipe for Chinese Beef and Green Beans stir fry.
Chinese Beef Green Beans Stir Fry Recipe
Chinese Beef Green Beans is the perfect quick dinner. It’s not only delicious, but it’s pretty healthy. I like making ‘take-out’ at home, because you know exactly what is going into the food, and you can control everything. It also saves money, too, which is never a bad thing. If you aren’t a big fan of green beans, you can use a different vegetable, which makes this versatile as well. I love making this recipe with broccoli, peppers, or sugar snap peas! Even eggplant is delicious in this sauce!
First, you are going to make the sauce – whisk together the broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes an set that aside. Next, you are going to cook your green beans in the skillet, followed by your beef, and lastly the sauce. Last, you mix everything together and serve – easy peasy (see below for full recipe).
I do have one tip for you; throw your beef into the freezer for 10 minutes, then with a sharp non-serrated knife, slice the meat thin against the grain.
- One third cup low sodium beef or chicken broth
- 2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce (found in international aisle)
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 TBS canola or vegetable oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed and sliced thinly into strips
- 6-8 scallions, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch knob ginger, peeled and minced
- In a small bowl, whisk broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Heating 1 TBS of the oil in a large skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Add green beans and saute for 4 minutes. Transfer green beans to a plate; set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS oil in the same skillet (empty), add the beef strips and cook for one minute without stirring. Saute beef for 3-4 more minutes, or until cooked through; set aside on plate with green beans.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and add scallions; saute for 1-2 minutes, or until browning a bit. Add ginger and garlic and saute with scallions for 30 seconds. Add beef and green beans back to skillet and stir to combine.
- Stir broth mixture then add to skillet; stir continuously until the sauce has thickened, about one minute.
- Serve immediately
Like Chinese inspired recipes as much as I do? Check out these other recipes from Domestic Superhero (click photo for recipe):
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!