This recipe for Chinese Beef Green Beans Stir Fry is easy to make for an easy dinner idea. Steak stir fry with a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce is a family favorite stir fry recipe any night of the week.
Finding recipes for those hectic nights helps keep your busy evenings less stressful. You may also enjoy my Ravioli Casserole with meat sauce or my slow cooker sloppy joes. And if you love green bean recipes, try these Spicy Garlic Green Beans.
Enjoy this guest post for Beef & Green Bean Saucy Stir Fry.
Hey y’all! I am super excited to be a new contributor on Today’s Creative Life! This is one of those things that is kind of unbelievable, because 3 years ago when I started blogging, TCL was one of my favorite blogs.
Chinese Beef Green Beans Stir Fry Recipe
I visited Kim’s blog frequently and always looked forward to her posts. Flash forward 3 years a later, I am still blogging on Domestic Superhero (my blog!)and here I am, posting on one of my all-time favorite blogs – totally surreal! I have lots of good things to share, so let’s get to it! Today I am sharing a delicious recipe for Chinese Beef and Green Beans stir fry. If you like beef, then you’ll want to try these Steak Stuffed Bell Peppers too.
Chinese Beef Green Beans is the perfect quick dinner. It’s not only delicious, but it’s pretty healthy. I like making ‘take-out’ at home, because you know exactly what is going into the food, and you can control everything. It also saves money, too, which is never a bad thing.
Can you Add More Veggies to this Teriyaki Steak Stir Fry Recipe?
Yes!! Add all your favorites! If you aren’t a big fan of green beans, you can use a different vegetable, which makes this versatile as well. I love making this recipe with broccoli, peppers, or sugar snap peas! Even eggplant is delicious in this sauce!
First, you are going to make the sauce – whisk together the broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes and set that aside. Next, you are going to cook your green beans in the skillet, followed by your beef, and lastly the sauce. Last, you mix everything together and serve – easy peasy (see below for full recipe).
What kind of Steak do you use for Teriyaki Steak Stir Fry?
I use flank steak in this recipe and cut it myself. I do have one tip for you; throw your beef into the freezer for 10 minutes, then with a sharp non-serrated knife, slice the meat thin against the grain. If you’re in a hurry, just pick up the pre-cut cubes of beef in the meat section of your grocery store. If you’re more of a chicken person, try this healthy chicken stir fry recipe instead.
Chinese Beef & Green Beans
Easy to make beef stir fry with green beans.
- One third cup low sodium beef or chicken broth
- 2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (found in international aisle)
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 TBS canola or vegetable oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed and sliced thinly into strips
- 6-8 scallions, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch knob ginger, peeled and minced
- In a small bowl, whisk broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Heating 1 TBS of the oil in a large skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Add green beans and saute for 4 minutes. Transfer green beans to a plate; set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS oil in the same skillet (empty), add the beef strips and cook for one minute without stirring. Saute beef for 3-4 more minutes, or until cooked through; set aside on plate with green beans.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and add scallions; saute for 1-2 minutes, or until browning a bit. Add ginger and garlic and saute with scallions for 30 seconds. Add beef and green beans back to skillet and stir to combine.
- Stir broth mixture then add to skillet; stir continuously until the sauce has thickened, about one minute.
- Serve immediately
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 435Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 107mgSodium 1067mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 41g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.
Print out this Chinese Beef Green Beans Stir Fry made with steak recipe so you’ll have it handy for those nights you need a quick and delicious dinner.
Family-Friendly Dinner Recipes
Easy to make family-friendly dinner recipes everyone will love.
Crockpot Tomato Basil Ravioli Soup
Barbara June Troutman says
This is a Great recipe. However you might want to use a little less of the red pepper flakes unless you really really like hot and spicy. I ran the family out of the kitchen because their eyes were watering from the smell. I bought a piece of Chuck steak which has great flavor but can be tough. I made the sauce the day before and marinated the steak overnite. I used the suggestion of putting it in the freezer and sliced it paper thin. It was yummy!
Oh, boy, this looks like one terrific dinner idea! The whole family would love it!