Holler the words “DINNER!” and watch them come running for this Ravioli Casserole with Meat Sauce!
I love Italian food. Pasta, Pizza, Lasagna ….. I love it all! So you can imagine my excitement when Bertolli asked me to develop a family friendly recipe with their Tomato Basil Tuscan inspired sauce.
Ravioli Casserole with Meat Sauce
Sure, I could have just made a simple plate of spaghetti and meatballs, because who doesn’t love spaghetti and meatballs, but I wanted to change it up a little.
I found the perfect sauce by Bertolli at my local Fred Meyer. This would help me bring a twist to a classic dish or for trying new recipes that I haven’t attempted yet.
I knew I wanted to create something you could prepare ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you’re ready. I wanted to make it easier for busy families like mine and family friendly enough that little kids would be asking for seconds.
It was raining today, which called for comfort food. I wanted my family to walk in and smell the delicious aroma of a Tuscan feast and begging to know when dinner would be served.
I was craving lasagna, but that’s a little more labor intensive than I wanted. Then I saw I had a large package of ravioli and the idea was planted to make a layered casserole.
This is great for a weeknight but so perfect for a Sunday supper. I added a Caesar salad and whole grain bread to complete the meal…….. it was pretty much perfect!
How to Make Ravioli Casserole with Meat Sauce
I browned the ground beef with garlic and added the Bertolli Tomato Basil sauce.
- I started with a small amount of sauce on the bottom of my casserole dish.
- I layered the ravioli over the sauce. I used the fresh ravioli found in the refrigerated section, but you could also use frozen.
- Another layer of sauce, then Italian blend cheese and olives
- Another layer of ravioli
- Top it off with the last layer of sauce and cheese.
Then pop it in the oven at 350° for about 30 minutes. If you’re using frozen ravioli, then you’d want to go a little longer.
This was so delicious!
It reminded me a lot of lasagna, but boy was it easier! This dish is SO easy, that it’s a great recipe for young cooks.
Whenever I can come up with a meal that is both easy and delicious, I couldn’t be happier.
“Because, if mama ain’t happy, no body happy.”
We don’t want a cranky mama, do we?
- 1 (24 oz) jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 1 (20 oz) large package of fresh cheese ravioli
- 1 (8 oz) package of shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives
- Brown ground beef on medium heat.
- Once the ground beef is almost completely browned, add your crushed garlic and continue to saute.
- Add the Bertolli Tomato Basil sauce to the browned meat and remove from heat.
- Spray the bottom of your casserole dish with spray oil.
- Place a small amount of meat sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Layer one layer of ravioli on top of the meat sauce.
- Add another layer of meat sauce.
- Add a layer of cheese and olives.
- Repeat layers, starting with ravioli.
- Top it off with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 min.
The next time you’re at your friendly Kroger Market, make it easy on yourself and pick up a couple of jars of Bertolli, some ravioli, and shredded Italian cheese. Then pat yourself on the back, because dinner is planned!
Family Friendly Recipe Ideas
This post was sponsored by Bertolli. All opinions and ideas are 100% mine.