This BBQ Sauce Recipe made with brewed coffee brings a tangy flavor that’s great with beef or chicken. Simple ingredients for a delicious taste.
With BBQ season officially upon us, I thought I’d share my BBQ Sauce Recipe with Coffee. This sauce has a bit of a kick, but not so tangy that it takes over. It would go well with my BBQ rub or my Caribbean Dry Rub too!
BBQ Sauce Recipe with Coffee
Don’t throw out that extra coffee!
Use any leftover coffee in the coffee pot for this BBQ Sauce recipe. You can whip up this sauce and use it right away, but I’d make it a few hours before so the spices can mingle and get to know each other.
I like making my own condiments because then you know exactly what’s in them. No added sugars, salts, or preservatives.
How Long does Homemade BBQ Sauce last?
Using an airtight bottle or container, this BBQ recipe can be stored in the fridge for a couple of months. Make up a batch ahead of time to all summer.
I have a small roundup of 5 other BBQ Sauce recipes you may enjoy.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (I made my own)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Combine ketchup, coffee, brown sugar, onion flakes, garlic powder and chili powder in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in pepper, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce.
What to use this BBQ Sauce on?
Use this BBQ sauce recipe on steak, burgers, ribs, chicken or pork chops! You’ll find that it’s great for everything.
Recipes for BBQ Sides