Here’s the BEST Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup recipe you’ll ever need!
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup Recipe
I could eat soup every day! I love soup! Add a piece of crusty French bread to this Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup and that’s all I need. If I could eat every meal out of a bowl, I’m pretty sure my life would be complete!
I heard on the radio about someone coming out with a cookbook with recipes only meant for eating out of a bowl. I did a quick search but couldn’t find who they were talking about, but I found this Better Homes and Gardens One-Bowl Dinners. I may have to order that!
Speaking of recipes….. if you’re wanting GOOD Slow Cooker recipes, my friend Stephanie has several Slow Cooker cookbooks and I own ALL of them. I haven’t made a recipe yet that I didn’t like. Her latest is Five Ingredients or Less.
This is the time of year, my crock pot is in overdrive. With all my slow cooker Sunday recipes, it’s not uncommon to use both slow cookers in one day. I currently own two larger crock pots, but I keep eyeing a 3 quart version and even a smaller double dip version. So great for the holiday season!
I need a bigger pantry!
Many of my slow cooker recipes, especially the soups, can be placed in the freezer for later. Because as much as I try to organize a meal plan and stick to it, it rarely happens. Having something ready always comes in handy.
Who’s ready for a bowl of soup?
- 2 small onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, cleaned and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2-3 zucchinis, cut into fourths lengthwise and chopped
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- In a large slow cooker, add all the ingredients EXCEPT zucchini and pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove lid, add zucchini and pasta.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Pasta and zucchini should be tender.
- Serve warm and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
If you must have meat in your meals, the only thing I would recommend for this soup would be sliced sausage (such as andouille style). I would precook it, and add it at the end when you add the pasta and zucchini.
I also substituteDreamfields elbow Pasta because that's usually what I have on hand.
More Soup Recipes!
This post contains affiliate links to products that may be helpful. This cost you nothing extra.