Crock Pot Potato soup is good, but it’s even better when it’s a Loaded Baked Potato Soup! Am I right?
Crock Pot Potato Soup – Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Slow Cooker soups are one of my favorite meals, especially in the rainy months here in the Pacific NW. This crock pot potato soup ranks right at the top for a recipe that I make over and over. If you look in my Slow Cooker Recipe Archives, you’ll see more soup ideas and so many great ideas that will keep you drooling.
This soup is hearty, satisfying and warms you to the bone when you need it most. And it’s EASY! I’ve got a couple of recipes for slow cooker potato soup, but I think this one is my favorite. At least it is this winter.
It’s one of those soups that must be served with garlic cheddar biscuits or warm crusty bread. Add a side salad full of veggies and homemade croutons and you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven.
Now before you go off condemning the potato, you gotta also know it’s full of nutrients. Did you know a potato has more potassium than a banana? Sure some potatoes are higher in starch, but it’s whole food. That’s what I always tell myself as I’m scooping a big ladle of soup into my favorite soup bowl.
This soup has so many flavors coming at you all at once, you’ll be the happiest person on earth while you eat your delicious dinner.
Your family will also eat seconds, there will be no leftovers for lunch the next day. I know many of you may have one of those new-fangled Insta- pots! Well, you’ll love this Insta-Pot Pressure Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe from my friend Jen.
More recipes for Potato Soup!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water, divided
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & diced into large chunks
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup ½ & ½ (or more as desired)
- Shredded cheese for garnish
- Fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- I used my 5 quart slow cooker.
- First you're going to want to saute your onions and garlic in butter until they start to turn translucent and tender.
- Stir in the flour, mix well. Stir in 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Continue to stir until it thickens up. Once it's thickened, transfer it to your slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients except ½ & ½, cheese and chives.
- Place the lid on and set your crock pot to LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Stir the half and half in about 15 minutes before serving.
- Scoop into a large soup bowl, garnish with the rest of the crumbled bacon, cheese and chives.