This Chicken with Wild Rice Soup made is an easy soup recipe made with chicken and a seasoned rice packet like Uncle Bens’s. Adding vegetables and rotisserie chicken makes a simple soup recipe with homemade taste.
I’ve been making this Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe for a few years now. Using Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice as your starter gives you a quick soup recipe with a homemade taste. It’s as close to homemade chicken soup but a whole lot faster.
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
It’s perfect for those cold rainy days we have here in the PNW when you can’t seem to warm up. I can’t remember where I got the recipe, but it’s so simple! I love an easy and tasty recipe that’s also fast! This soup allows me to get a healthy dinner on the table when I’m pressed for time. Add a salad and a whole wheat roll and these cookies for dessert and you’re a rock star! My Bacon Avocado corn bread goes pretty good with this too.
Easy Soup Recipe with Chicken
You may be surprised that this recipe starts with a box of Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice. It saves time and takes the guesswork out for the perfectly seasoned soup. Sure you could just use wild rice from a bag, but this recipe makes it easy by using the seasoning packet from the box. I suppose you could also season it yourself too and omit Uncle Ben’s altogether. It would still be a quick meal. But if you’re a busy parent, just trying to feed your family quickly with a home-cooked meal, this is your recipe.
Try this Dill Pickle Soup recipe for another quick idea.
- One box Uncle Ben's Original Wild Rice - Chicken flavored is hard to find. Regular wild rice or any seasoned rice packet will work.
- 3 or 4 cups total of the following mixture: Carrots, Celery, Onion
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 or 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or more if needed)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups (or more) shredded cooked chicken
- In a large pot, saute carrots, celery, onion and garlic in olive oil. (about 3 min)
- Add only the rice from the Uncle Ben's box to the sauteed veggies. continue to saute for another 3 minutes or so.
- Add chicken broth to veggie mixture
- Bring to a boil
- Add chicken and 2 tablespoons of the Uncle Ben's seasoning packet.
- Boil for approx 5-10 min
- Variations: You can add any veggies you'd like or just more of what you're already using.
This recipe can be made with any boxed rice product.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 24mgSodium 999mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 6gSugar 12gProtein 12g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.
Chicken Soup Vegetables
The beauty of this soup recipe is being able to add any type of vegetable you’d like or don’t like. I love using mushrooms and broccoli in this chicken and wild rice soup too. It’s a great “COTIN” Clean out the Icebox Night soup.
Here are a few veggies I’ve used in any simple soup recipe.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Green Beans
- Spinach – I always add the last 15 min.
I like to saute many of these before adding the broth. If you’re short on time, just use a bag of frozen mixed veggies.