This fresh Sour Cream Cucumber and Onion Salad is the perfect salad for spring! Sliced cucumbers and onions with a tangy creamy sour cream dressing is not only easy but quick to make! Great for Easter brunch, or summer BBQ’s. This salad has you dishing up seconds!
If you like the Vinegar Cucumbers recipe on Today’s Creative Life, then you’ll love this easy cucumber salad.
Sour Cream Cucumber and Onion Salad
I’m not the biggest onion fan, but even I like this salad. I just pick around them for all the cucumbers! I like using red onions because of the color contrast, but Walla Walla sweets are good too!
I usually slice the cucumbers really thin, but chunky is a great option as well! It’s completely up to you! Of course, the onions could be chopped or smaller, but I love the visual look to the sliced.
It’s a gorgeous salad!
Sour Cream Cucumber and Onion Salad Printable Recipe
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pepper - just a sprinkle
- 3 cucumbers, thinly sliced. Peeling is optional.
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, white wine vinegar, sugar and pepper until smooth.
- Add cucumbers and onion.
- Toss to coat, breaking up any slices stuck together.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving.
- Try sweet onions instead
There you go! Pin it or print it to save for later! Keep it handy for your spring and summer meals! It’s a great side dish that compliments so many flavors!
See behind the scenes – Follow me on Instagram!
More Easy Salad Recipes