Easy Breakfast Casserole recipes are some of my favorite! Especially when there’s ham, cheese, egg and biscuits involved. Although my Breakfast Strata Recipe with Rye Bread and Sausage is pretty tasty too!
I love getting up on a weekend morning and creating a quick recipe that I know my family will love, especially during the holidays. I will whip up breakfast muffins or a quick bread to go along with a breakfast meat and some fruit and suddenly everyone is happy!
Breakfast Casserole Recipe
During the holidays, I especially love baking and cooking for my family. Trying new recipes and having plates and platters of little treats on the kitchen island has become a tradition. My son says he loves the holidays because there is always something ready to eat anytime of the day!
This breakfast casserole recipe was so easy and turned out delicious. Combining the Pillsbury Grands!® biscuits with egg, left over Christmas ham and some cheese was one of the smartest things I’ve ever done.
Every now and then I’m asked to work with Pillsbury®. This is when my son perks right up! In fact, he would have eaten all of it, had I not told him to save some for his dad. He must have told me “This is really good Mom” at least 4 times, which left me wondering if my other recipes, that didn’t receive such feedback, were any good.
Because I had sent him to Walmart the day before making this to buy a couple tubes of Grands!, he knew I had extras. So of course as soon as he jumped out of bed he wanted to know if I was going to make that “Breakfast Casserole Biscuit thingy again?”. Nope, but he could….. because it’s SO easy and I wouldn’t have to supervise at all.
That’s the beauty of having a son who can drive and who can stumble his way around the kitchen.
Because Pillsbury had hired me to create a recipe with either the Grands!®, the Sweet Rolls® or the Crescents®, it was nice having a 16 yr old I could send to Walmart and pick up the ingredients needed.
Now if you also have a 16 yr old son, then you know it’s a bit like herding cats sometimes. It doesn’t matter how specific you are with your instructions, because they will get distracted. Especially if there are girls or food nearby.
I specifically told him to pick up 3 tubes of the original Pillsbury Grands!® and asked him to text me a photo before buying. He texted me this photo.
Um, close…… still great to eat, but not what I need for this recipe.
After telling him to turn to his right (because I could tell exactly where he was in Walmart) and look at the refrigerator case next to the yogurt, he texted me this photo.
YES! Those are the ones! Even if they were in one of Walmart’s center display cases, it’s all good! Thank God for technology. Then for good measure he then texted me this photo asking if those are the same ones.
Yep, those are the same, but I need original.
Remember when I had asked for 3 tubes? Well I ended up with 5, which is OK because I have a feeling he’ll be making this easy breakfast casserole the rest of his holiday break.
How To Make a Breakfast Casserole
- Gather your ingredients
- Open the tube of biscuits and cut into quarters
- Beat your eggs with a little half & half (milk also works)
- Place your quartered pieces into your egg mixture and stir gently to coat thoroughly
- Fold in the chopped ham and shredded cheese- I used cheddar, but you could use a mixture of any kind you like
- Pour into your prepared baking dish and put it in the oven!
(printable recipe below)
I loved how easy it was to whip up. You’ll find no confusing instructions or a thousand ingredients. There’s a lot of wiggle room if you want to add more eggs, or use a different breakfast meat. The only thing you need to be careful about is the top getting to brown before the center is completely baked. I just put a tin foil tent over the top half way through.
Now I have two “go to” breakfast casseroles to choose from. My Crockpot Breakfast Hashbrown Casserole and this one! Both easy, both delicious.
- 1 tube Pillsbury Grands!® (original or buttery flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons half & half (or milk)
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Whip eggs and half & half in a medium size bowl with a fork until well blended. Set aside.
- Cut Grands!® into quarters and add to the egg mixture. Stir gently to completely coat each biscuit.
- Fold in chopped ham and cheese.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 min, or until the center is no longer doughy.
- To keep the top from burning, loosely cover with tin foil once it's browned.
- Serve while hot.
- You can serve directly from the casserole dish, or invert onto a serving plate or platter for a pull apart bread.
Feel free to add a couple more eggs if you want it to be less "bready".
Use bacon, sausage or both instead of ham.
Add onions, red pepper or even green chilies for a little kick.
Use any kind of cheese you'd like.
Easy Breakfast Ideas