It’s time for Slow Cooker Sunday! I have been craving this daily since the first time I made it! This Crockpot Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole will satisfy everyone in the house with the delicious blend of hash browns, eggs, sausage (or bacon) and cheese!
I’m thinking this would be the perfect slow cooker breakfast for holidays, or those busy mornings. Great for brunch too.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole | Slow Cooker Sunday
Anytime I can save time by cooking everything together is a favorite meal of mine! I don’t mind if my eggs touch my hash browns.
I made this early on a weekend morning. It’s so easy, I started it BEFORE I had my coffee, but just when I thought I had it down, I forgot to take a photo of just the sausage layer.
How to Make a Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Grease your crockpot. I use a spray oil that makes it easy. But I bet smearing butter around it would be delicious too!
- Place your first layer for hash browns in the bottom. I used the shredded kind, but the chunky kind would also work.
- Layer your cooked sausage over the hashbrowns
- Layer some cheese over the sausage. I used a mixture of sharp cheddar and Monterey jack cheese.
- Repeat the layers
- Beat the eggs and pour over everything (my photos don’t show that step….remember……no coffee yet)
- Put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Since I cooked it that morning, it was done just in time for a late breakfast. I served it with some fruit and it was delicious!
We had left overs since I used a large crockpot. My son loved the left overs for breakfast during the week!
If you like breakfast for dinner……then this is your dish!
My son added ketchup and I added Tabasco.
I’m thinking I need to make this again today.
Breakfast Casserole in a Crockpot
Layer sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, and cheese for this crock pot breakfast casserole recipe. Family favorite breakfast idea.
- 12 eggs
- 1 lb Pork sausage - browned
- 30 oz bag of frozen hash browns
- 2 cups cheese (I used cheddar and Monterey jack)
- green onions - one bunch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- Grease your crockpot (I used my large crockpot)
- Prepare: Brown sausage, and shred the cheese.
- Layer half of the following - hash browns, sausage, cheese and green onions.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs with the milk and seasonings and pour over the top of the other ingredients in the crock pot.
- Place the lid on and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
- This recipe can be made up and stored in the refrigerator the night before.
- Add additional ingredients like onions, peppers, asparagus etc..
- You can sub in or add additional breakfast meats.
- Use your favorite cheese combinations.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 438Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 240mgSodium 616mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 20g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.
Easy To Make Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast recipe ideas that won't take you a lot of time!
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Using refrigerated biscuits, with egg and ham makes a delicious breakfast casserole
Breakfast Strata Recipe with Rye Bread and Sausage
Save this recipe for weekends or special holidays.
Easy Breakfast Sandwich
This high-protein breakfast sandwich is great for on the go.
Banana Walnut Breakfast Muffins with Fruit and Honey
The fruit filling make these muffins so moist and flavorful.
Egg & Sausage Biscuit Cups
A full delicious breakfast in one egg biscuit!
Hash Brown Ham and Cheese Egg Cups
Grab & Go High Protein Breakfast ideas with Egg, cheese, ham, and potato muffin cups.
Cinnamon Sugar Sour Cream Scones
The family favorite is so good with honey butter.
French Toast Casserole Recipe
Easy to make French Toast Casserole with Mixed Berries.
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits is a southern specialty! This easy gravy recipe is made with pork sausage and drippings along with milk and flour, making up a thick creamy gravy to serve over fresh biscuits.
Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
Easy to make breakfast casserole for weekends and brunch.
Leave a Reply