There is something about a good Fruit Cabbage Salad. This spring and summer salad recipe meets all the crunch needs with pecans, crisp apples, and cabbage, while the raisins and bananas mixed with the sweet tangy dressing packs in the flavor!
It reminds me of my classic Waldorf salad, which I need to share soon.
Fruit Cabbage Salad Recipe
It also reminds me of my Sour Cream Fruit Salad.
The nice thing about this Fruit Cabbage Salad is kids will love it! Making it an easy way to get your children to eat more veggies.
It also makes a great holiday or potluck dish! Perfect for Easter.
I like using a mixture of green and purple cabbage and will often just pick up the pre-shredded stuff at the grocery store. I’m all for making this even easier.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage - I use a prepackaged mixture.
- 1 medium apple - I like using honey crisp the best.
- 1 banana - not overly ripe.
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - I like using fresh squeezed.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients listed. Set aside.
- In a small blender like a magic bullet or a shaker cup, combine mayonnaise, milk, sugar and lemon juice. Blend or shake well.
- Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss gently until all ingredients are coated.
I could literally eat this salad every day for lunch. A great option is adding shredded chicken for a complete meal!