With Easter and Summer coming up, this Fruit Salad Recipe is much needed! I am ready for fresh fruit, and fresh recipes! My key lime bars or my Shrimp Avocado Salad are calling my name too! This Watermelon Pizza will also be a must make recipe!
I guess being under a rainy cloud for weeks will do that to a girl! I’m craving a bit of sunshine and fresh foods! If you’re looking for more fruit salad recipe ideas, try this creamy quick and easy fruit salad or this Cherry Berry Compote.
Fruit Salad Recipe with Sour Cream Dressing
I dropped by my local fruit market here in Camas Washington.
It’s the cutest little market and the produce is SO fresh. Anytime I can find a head of romaine lettuce and the bottom stalk is crisp white… you know it’s going to be a good day.
Mixed Fruit Salad Options
Gazing at all the fruit, I decided right then I needed to make a mixed fruit salad and they had so many options for the best fresh fruit salad recipe.
- bananas – which I forgot to add to my fruit salad
You can add any fruits you like and toss them together. During the spring, you’ll find most berries, kiwi, mangos and more. Later in the summer, look for fresh peaches to add.
Sometimes I add walnuts for a variation. That nutty taste with the fruit always reminds me of a Waldorf salad and adds more flavor. Or try adding my homemade granola!
Mixed Fruit Salad Tangy Dressing
Occasionally, I like adding a light creamy dressing to my fruit salad and other times, I serve it naked…. not as in I’m naked, when I serve it, but the fruit is naked. Don’t make that mistake.
The fruit salad dressing I use is very simple. It’s a mixture of sour cream, mayonnaise, powdered sugar….(not that much or use honey instead), and fresh lemon or lime juice. It really depends on what I have on hand. It’s sweet and tangy, which blends perfectly with any fruit salad recipe.
If you’re having Easter brunch or dinner, and you have cute little fruit cups, use them! They will look so cute with this fruit salad recipe scooped up into individual servings. If you want to be really fancy…. garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Choose a cup or so of each fruit.
- Most fruits will need to be cut into bite size pieces.
- grapes, red or green, or both!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lime or Lemon Juice.
- I cut up all the fruits, except for the blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
- Place them in a medium size bowl.
- If you're using banana's, make sure to serve the salad within the hour, as they may brown up.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended. If it tastes too tart, add a little more powdered sugar.
- Once it's mixed well, pour over the fruit and carefully blend, being careful not to smash any fruit.
Substitute powdered sugar with a couple of tablespoon's honey if you'd like.
Add walnuts if you want to add more texture.
More Fruity Recipes