Fresh Strawberry Pie with jello and a graham cracker crust is a summer favorite. This no-bake strawberry pie recipe made with jello is easy to make into a slab pie by simply making it in a baking pan instead!
It’s the season for Fresh Strawberry Pie! A few years ago, I remember searching “How to Make Strawberry Pie” and I was stunned by how easy the recipe is. How could the homemade fresh strawberry pie be this easy? This time, I’ve decided to make it a slab pie, throw in a few blueberries, and use a homemade graham cracker crust.
Fresh strawberry desserts are always on my list in early summer, even better when they are no-bake! I have another no-bake pie you may also love. Enjoy this No-Bake Strawberry Dreamsicle Pie.
Slab Strawberry Pie with Jello
I didn’t set out to make it a strawberry & blueberry slab pie with a graham crust, it’s just because I was lazy.
I was too lazy to go the store for pie crust and I sure as heck wasn’t going to make my own. Even with my friend’s perfect pie crust tutorial, I was not interested in trying yet. I already had the strawberries and I had a few boxes of graham crackers for any last-minute bonfire S’More’s party.
I also had a few blueberries, so why not add those too, right?
To make this strawberry pie even better? I had some sugar-free strawberry jello already in my cupboard. I was destined to make a slab strawberry pie!
Strawberry Pie Jello
If you want to use regular jello, that works too, but if you’re trying to cut some sugar from your diet, the sugar-free jello works great.
Because jello is the ingredient holding it together, many call it strawberry pie jello and that’s just fine! It’s a family favorite recipe, no matter what you call it.
My family finished this slab pie-off in 2 days. I may have had a couple of pieces myself.
How to Make Strawberry Pie
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Jello, regular or sugar-free
- Fresh Blueberries
- Graham Crackers
Prep by crushing your graham cracker crumbs and making your crust up ahead of time. Choose the dish to make the pie on whether you’re making a slab pie or regular pie shape.
Slab Strawberry Pie with Jello
Easy to Make Strawberry Pie Jello.
- 2 packets of graham crackers - my box came with 3.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar (Because I used sugar-free jello, I added 1 cup of Truvia. I'm not even sure it needed it )
- 6 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 (6 oz.) strawberry jello. I used sugar-free
- 2 pounds sliced and stemmed strawberries. - I used 2 of the regular store bought plastic cartons of fresh strawberries.
- Crush your graham crackers. There are 2 ways I do this. Use your food processor or place the crackers in a ziplock bag, seal and use a rolling pin.
- Add sugar - because I was making mine a lower sugar version, I used Truvia. You use half the amount of regular sugar.
- Add melted butter and mix all together until you've got a crumbly texture.
- Pour into your glass baking dish. Mine was a 12x7in dish. A slightly larger one would work just fine.
- Use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to press the graham cracker mixture down until it's firm and no longer loose.
- Using a medium saucepan, bring water, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil. Stir consistently once it heats up because it can burn easily. When the mixture is getting thick and clearing up, remove from heat.
- Add strawberry jello, mixing well.
- Let it cool for about 10 min.
- Fold in your fruit, then pour into your baking dish.
- Place in the fridge for at least a couple of hours before serving. If it's not completely set, it needs more chill time.
- You can make this into a regular pie pan if desired.
- Because I was using sugar-free jello, I only used one cup of Truvia. But, I don't even think I needed that.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 314Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 24mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 1gSugar 51gProtein 1g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.
Can Strawberry Pie Jello Be Made Up Ahead of Time?
Because you want the jello to set properly, yes, you can make this dessert a couple of days before if you keep it in the fridge. Any sooner, the crust may get soggy.
Can I Top it With Whipped Topping?
Absolutely! You can add whipped cream to the whole pie and then cut and serve or add it as you cut. So by all means, if you want, slather on a layer of whip topping over the top after it’s chilled. Completely optional. We didn’t have any, and he still managed to eat half of the pan.
I’m not much a whipped cream kind of girl, so I always forget that some may expect it. As in my husband. His first question before taking a bite was “is there whipped cream?”
I have a feeling we’ll be making the sugar-free version of this Strawberry Pie Recipe a lot this summer!
Recipes with Berries
Recipes using strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Recipes using fresh or frozen berries for breakfast, desserts or snacks.
Fruit Filled Ice Cubes
Mint and berries make really pretty ice cubes for ice water or cocktails.
Lemon Berry Ice Cream Pie
Tangy and delicious!
French Toast Casserole with Berries
Easy breakfast casserole idea using any berries you have on hand.
Berry Tips - How to Prevent Moldy Berries
Household hack to prevent your berries from molding so quickly.
Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
The easiest and most delicious cobbler you'll ever make.
Slow Cooker Blackberry Cobbler
Crockpot berry cobbler is a family favorite.
Strawberry Blackberry Margarita Popsicles
Refreshing adult dessert for summer.
Strawberry Cherry Quick Bread
This breakfast snack bread is great for weekends.
Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes
Individual cheese cakes are a great dessert for a crowd.
Strawberry Gorgonzola Green Salad
Berries are the perfect addition to any salad.
Strawberry Sheet Shortcake Recipe
This strawberry short cake sheet cake is the best you'll ever taste.
No Bake Strawberry Dreamsicle Pie
Creamy, fluffy and smooth!
Slow Cooker Strawberry Dump Cake
Put your crockpot to work to make this ridiculously easy dump cake.
Cherry Berry Compote
Simple and refreshing for a summer dessert.
How much Blue Berrys?
I did not see it. All I saw was the strawberries,
Just a handful.