Strawberry shortcake is one of my favorite summer desserts and this Strawberry Sheet Shortcake Recipe makes it even better and so so easy! Moist, delicious and full of flavor.
Strawberry Sheet Shortcake Recipe
Making a sheet cake meant for strawberry shortcake is brilliant! You’ll never make it any other way! It’s so much easier than making individual shortcakes, which many times turn out dry and crumbly.
This recipe is so moist and tasty, I may substitute it for all cake recipes! With the exception of my Chocolate-Mayonnaise Cake or my Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting…
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake with Sheet Shortcake
There is a restaurant here that serves their strawberry shortcake with vanilla ice cream. Now I can’t have it any other way.
- Cut the sheet shortcake into squares and place in a small bowl of dessert cup. Large coffee cups also work great for this.
- Add a couple of scoops of ice cream.
- Add strawberries and drizzle any juices over the top.
Trust me, you will never want to have it any other way. Making strawberry sheet shortcake will become a summer tradition.
Strawberry Sheet Shortcake
- 5 tablespoons butter - room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Continue on medium and add eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Slowly add milk.
- Continue mixing until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 25 min and golden. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare strawberries. Cut strawberries however you prefer. I add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and mash slightly to create juice. Set aside until ready to serve.
Other pan sizes can be used depending on the thickness you prefer. Baking time may differ.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 188Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 45mgSodium 271mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 4g
This recipe can be made to your desired thickness. You can make it in a 9 x 9, a 13 x 9 or a jelly roll baking pan. Baking time will vary. This allows you different options for serving amounts.
This strawberry sheet shortcake recipe is great to cube for making a trifle or parfaits too!
Can I Frost Strawberry Sheet Shortcake?
This sheet cake is so delicious, it would make a great frosted birthday cake with a cream cheese buttercream frosting. Add sliced strawberries for design and you’re finished.
Summer Dessert Ideas
Refreshing recipes for summer dessert ideas.
Slab pies are a great alternative!
No Bake Strawberry Dreamsicle Pie
Creamy and delicious!
Lemon Fluff Dessert
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
The perfect cupcake for summer months!
BLUEBERRY YOGURT PIE
Simple summer pie recipe!
Creamy Orange Dream Pie Recipe
Cool & refreshing dessert great for spring and summer! Creamsicle in a pie!
Pineapple Pretzel Fluff
This recipe can be served as a rich dessert or as a dip for graham crackers or apples.
EASY BlackBerry Cobbler
Blackberry Cobbler is easy to make with a cake like topping. Try it with mixed berries.
Quickly became a favorite dessert at my house!!
Thank you! Ours too!
Erin Sellin says
This dessert was a huge hit at my house!! Can’t wait to make it again!
Toni Dash says
My kids couldn’t stop eating this! Such an amazing treat!
Same! I just kept picking at it all day! Thank you
incredibly refreshing for this extraordinary hot summer!
it’s so good! Thank you!
Yummy! Such a delicious summer dessert idea! Love it!
Patricia - Grab a Plate says
What a lovely dessert! Perfect for the season and the cake seems moist, too!
It’s so moist and delicious!