I’ve been wanting to make this Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Recipe for a long time! You’ll only need 6 ingredients to make this sweet side dish, salad or a fruit dip. Call it whatever you want, I guess it all depends on how you want to eat it.
Serve it as a sweet salad with Easter dinner or as a fruit dip with apple slices for a snack.
Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Recipe
This is another delicious recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine. You can use my affiliate link to grab a year subscription for only $6.95
I’ve enjoyed this sweet recipe as written, but have also given an altered no-bake, less sweet option you’ll see on the printed recipe. Instead of baking the pretzel mixture for a candied addition, I like just adding plain broken pretzels.
I think it’s sweet enough without adding the baked sugary pretzel toffee like crumble. But you may disagree!
I would, however, eat the crumble all by its self!
How to Make Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad or Dip
- 1 cup broken pretzels (small pieces)
- 1 cup sugar - divided
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8.oz) cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, pretzels and only ½ cup sugar. Press into the bottom of any baking pan or cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and the rest of the sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Fold in pineapple and whipped topping.
- Place in the fridge to chill until it's time to serve.
- Break up pretzel mixture to add to pineapple mixture right before serving so it doesn't get soggy.
How long does Pineapple Fluff with Pretzels last?
It’s all about the pretzels getting soggy. You want to add the pretzel mixture right before serving. Saving any pineapple fluff dessert that’s leftover isn’t going to be that good the next day because the pretzels take on too much moisture. Part of what makes this recipe so good is the crunch from the pretzels.
This Pineapple Fluff with Pretzels Recipe is great for spring and summer events like Easter, picnics, BBQ’s and potlucks.