This isn’t your normal garlic cheese bread. This one has no butter, but uses cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, parmesan cheese, garlic and more for the ultimate Creamy Garlic Cheese Bread.
Creamy Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe
I like using the pre-sliced french bread in the bakery area of my grocery store, but I’ve also used the regular loaves. I either slice it as normal or lengthwise for an open face garlic cheese bread like my Sun-Dried Tomato Garlic Bread and Bacon Garlic French Bread.
This is a great recipe for family dinners, potlucks, or when you may have a house full of teens like we often do.
How to Make the Ultimate Cheesy Garlic Bread
I like to make sure all my ingredients are well blended, so I use my NutriMill Artiste Mixer, but you can easily hand stir too.
Next, I lay all my slices of bread out onto a baking pan and slather the garlic spread from edge to edge on each piece.
I broil until bubbly and golden brown. It’s best when the edges are slightly crispy.
Recipe for Cream Cheese Garlic Bread
- 1 package (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (Only 1 teaspoon If you're using dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 loaf French bread cut into slices (I bought the bread pre-sliced in the bakery department)
- In a mixing bowl, blend all ingredients, except the bread, with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Spread each piece of bread with the mixture, to only ONE side of the bread.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. I like using parchment paper on my pan.
- Repeat until your baking pan is full.
- Move the oven rack 4 inches from the broiling elements. Broil for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted, golden brown and slighting bubbling.
- Serve right away.
Feel free to try it with other cheese varieties.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 185Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 9mgSodium 371mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 7g
It reminds me a little of Texas Toast, but cheesier.
This Creamy Garlic Cheese Bread recipe is a family favorite!
Can you Use a Different Cheese?
Of course! Use cheddar, white cheddar, Romano, Colby, or Monterey Jack… or a mixture! It will still be the most delicious garlic cheese bread you’ve ever tasted.
What Kind of Bread Can You Use for Garlic Cheese Bread?
Any slice of bread will be tasty with this tasty mixture, but I like using a sourdough, sliced French, or French loaf sliced down the middle. I’d stay away from sweeter flavors like raisin bread, but a rye or pumpernickel would be delicious!
This would even be wonderful broiled on bagels.