This loaf of Bacon Cheddar French Bread will be your best appetizer or side whenever you want. Like my Garlic Cheese Beer Bread or these Garlic Butter Bread Sticks, it’s great with a bowl of soup or a delicious salad! The bacon cheddar spread is what makes this bacon cheddar french bread so tasty and makes it a great recipe to take to your next potluck! Everyone loves this recipe!
Bacon Cheddar French Bread
Dipped in my Crockpot Potato Soup is how I’ve been enjoying it lately, but I may whip up a batch for the super bowl too!
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced olives
What I love about this recipe is that I can add extra toppings if desired. Sliced tomatoes, olives or even arugula are delicious added to the top of this bacon cheddar french bread. I will usually add the tomatoes and greens after it’s cooked, but the olives could be mixed into the spread before baking.
Pick up a loaf of French bread at the grocery and slice it lengthwise. Mix up your spread and generously smear it all over the bread before baking like an open face sandwich.
It doesn’t take long to prepare or bake, especially if you already have your bacon cooked or you purchase the cooked bacon from the grocery.
Shopping List for Bacon Cheddar French Bread
- One French Bread Loaf
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – at least 2 cups
- One Cube Butter
- Green Onions
- Prepared Mustard
- Cooked Bacon
- Garlic Salt
My son ate at least 1/2 of this loaf within minutes. He declared it teen-friendly.
This would also be great served with a dipping sauce of marinara or ranch.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 2/3 cups butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cooked bacon strips
- Cut bread lengthwise down the center.
- In a bowl, combine butter, green onions, garlic salt and mustard. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, crumble the bacon and mix together with the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly over the open face portion of the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese bacon mixture over the spread.
- Place loaf on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 min or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Add extra topping if desired.
Options: olives, tomatoes, arugula.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 62mgSodium 826mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.