You’re going to LOVE this Peach Nectarine Galette from Creative Contributor Allyson from Domestic Hero! Allyson is a master in the kitchen (remember her baked french toast?) and swears this is simple! Fruity desserts are perfect for spring and summer and sometimes even a Simple Fruit Salad is all you need.
Peach Nectarine Galette
Hey y’all! It’s Allyson from Domestic Superhero, and I have another delicious recipe for you. I have been contributing to Today’s Creative Life for a couple of months now, and I always look forward to these posts. I whipped up a delicious rustic Peach Nectarine Galette last weekend, and I couldn’t wait to share it!
I have been on a galette making kick lately. Since you don’t follow my blog (but, you totally should), Domestic Superhero, you don’t know that I actually hate baking. Mostly because I am terrible at it. I always burn, undercook, don’t add enough baking powder, too much sugar, or whatever it is…I do it. I am the worst baker. I even coined the hashtag #iamnotabaker on Instagram. Seriously, it’s bad.
With that said, I learned how to make a galette, though, because let me share a secret with you…it’s SO super easy. So easy, that you don’t even have to make a crust (hello Pillsbury)! Don’t tell any serious bakers that secret, or you might see a few eyes rolling, but, like I said, #iamnotabaker.
How to Make a Peach Nectarine Galette
So you have your pre-made crust, and then all you need to do is let your fruit hang out with some sugar and orange juice for a bit. Kick back and catch up on your Real Housewives, I won’t tell anyone; by the time it’s over, your fruit is ready to go! Toss it all in the center of your pre-made pie crust, wrap the sides of the crust up over the edges of the fruit, brush with a little egg wash, and then liberally sprinkle some sugar over the top…easy, right?! Like I said, #iamnotabaker.
Turn on another episode of your favorite RHW and then pop this bad boy into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Slice it up like pie, and share with your fellow reality TV lovers. Easy peasy.
- 1 pre-made pie crust (or use your family favorite homemade)
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus extra for topping
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into slices
- 1 nectarine, pitted and cut into slices
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 1 TBS butter, cut into little pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a medium bowl, add peaches, nectarines; sprinkle with sugar, orange juice, and cornstarch; gently stir to coat. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll your dough out a bit, set onto a parchment lined baking sheet; set aside.
- Spoon peaches, nectarines, and juice into the center of the dough leaving about 1.5-2 inches at the edges (so you have dough to fold up and over).
- Fold the dough up and over the sides of the fruit, working your way all the way around.
- In a small bowl, add egg and water; whisk quickly for 15-30 seconds or until frothy. Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash over all visible dough. Sprinkle dough/egg wash with a light layer of sugar. Add butter pieces to the top of the fruit, scattering around.
- Place in the center of the oven, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is beginning to brown and fruit is glazed.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, slice, and serve!
More Easy Dessert Ideas
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!