This apple dumpling recipe is quick and easy to make, thanks to the use of refrigerated crescent roll dough. Apple dumplings are a delicious, sweet fall treat!
A while ago, I saw a recipe circulating around Facebook for “easy apple dumplings”, so naturally I had to try it. They were right. This is a quick and easy apple dumpling recipe that tastes really really good. Slightly firm apples wrapped in flaky pastry, baked to perfection.
This recipe uses Pillsbury crescent rolls, which my son has adopted as his favorite snack lately. He eats all 8 smeared with Nutella. I figured he’d enjoy them doctored up like this too.
Apple Dumpling Recipe with Crescent Rolls
How do you make easy apple dumplings?
I picked a couple of apples to use, peeled and sliced them into 8 wedges. As I gathered the rest of my ingredients, I realized I only had a diet sprite instead of a regular lemon-lime soda. I went with the diet, but I could see that it wasn’t setting up as nicely once it had cooled.
If I had used the full sugar version soda, it would have cooled to a thicker glaze…..not soupy. Lesson learned…… always use full sugar soda in a recipe when it calls for it.
The apple dumpling recipe is perfect to make for a quick weekend breakfast/brunch, or surprise the kids with these on a school day.
Even if it’s after school. They’ll think you’re the best mom ever! (they probably already do)
Crescent roll apple dumplings taste like a delicious slice of apple pie. This is a great recipe to transition from summer to fall.
Isn’t that the hardest thing to do? Transition? I LOVE LOVE LOVE summer and I don’t mind fall, but I miss out on part of it because I’m too busy whining about summer being over. Anyone else like that?
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can 7-up or Lemon Lime soda - NOT DIET
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges each.
- Preheat oven 350°
- Grease or butter 13 x 9 in baking dish.
- Roll one apple wedge in each crescent roll triangle, then place in your baking dish making 2 rows.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter on medium heat, stir in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Continue stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour over the crescent rolls.
- Pour soda in between the rolls down the middle and around the edges of the pan. Do not pour over the rolls.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream or alone.
More Apple Recipes