A while ago, I saw a recipe circulating around Facebook for “easy apple dumplings”, so naturally I had to try it. They were right. This was a quick and easy apple dumpling recipe that tasted really really good.
This recipe uses Pillsbury crescent rolls, which my son has adopted as his favorite snack lately. He eats all 8 smeared with Nutella. I figured he’d enjoy them doctored up like this too.
Quick and Easy Apple Dumpling Recipe with Crescent Rolls
I am always looking for Apple Recipes like my Apple Cream Cheese Bread since we have 2 apple trees. I’ll be sharing my crockpot apple butter recipe this week for Slow Cooker Sunday, so be on the lookout. If Fall had a flavor, it would be my apple butter.
I picked a couple of apples to use, peeled and sliced into 8 wedges. Gathered the rest of my ingredients and realized I only had a diet sprite instead of a regular lemon lime soda. I went with the diet, but I could see that it wasn’t setting up as nicely once it had cooled. If I had used the full sugar version soda, it would have cooled to a thicker glaze…..no soupy. Lesson learned…… always use full sugar soda in a recipe when it calls for it.
These are perfect for a quick weekend breakfast / brunch or surprise the kids with these on a school day.
Even if it’s after school. They’ll think you’re the best mom ever! (they probably already do)
This treat tasted like a delicious apple pie. It was a great recipe to transition from summer to fall. Isn’t that the hardest thing to do? Transition? I LOVE LOVE LOVE summer and I don’t mind fall, but I miss out on part of it because I’m too busy whining about summer being over. Anyone else like that?
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can 7-up or Lemon Lime soda - NOT DIET
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges each.
- Preheat oven 350°
- Grease or butter 13 x 9 in baking dish.
- Roll one apple wedge in each crescent roll triangle, then place in your baking dish making 2 rows.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter on medium heat, stir in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Continue stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour over the crescent rolls.
- Pour soda in between the rolls down the middle and around the edges of the pan. Do not pour over the rolls.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream or alone.
Find more Apple Recipes
- Homemade Slow Cooker Applesauce – Today’s Creative Life
- Crockpot Apple Butter – Today’s Creative Life
- Cream Cheese Apple Bread – Today’s Creative Life
- Apple Quiche Pie – Today’s Creative Life
- Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread – DIY Candy
- Apple Spice Muffins – TidyMom