It’s that time! Time for 4th of July Desserts! I know many of you will soon be looking for 4th of July recipes, patriotic foods and lots of BBQ side dishes! My Strawberry Pie for a crowd is perfect, as well as this Strawberry and Blueberry Summer Berries Parfait shared by Bird’s Party. They will both meet all of those needs.
4th of July Desserts – Summer Berry Parfait
Recipe | Red, White & Blue Summer Berry Parfaits
- Ingredients: For 4 people
- * 250g (8 oz) of strawberries
- * 250 (8 oz) raspberries
- * 250g (8 oz) blueberries
- * 250 g (8 oz) Biscoff cookies or other sweet crumbly biscuit
- * 400 g (4 oz) or 4 pots of natural Greek yogurt
- * Sweetener to taste ( I like to use natural sweeteners like honey, but use what you prefer)
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * Mint leaves for decor
- ) In a bowl combine the yogurt, sweetener to taste and vanilla.
- ) Wash and cut your fruit into bite-size morsels.
- ) Crumble a couple of cookies into the base of the glass, top with a tablespoon or two of yogurt and then red berries.
- ) Add a layer of cookies, yogurt and then blueberries to create your layered dessert. Repeat until the glass is full. Finish with a layer of yogurt and more cookies crumbled on top. Decorate with mint leaves.