You’ll love this easy to make Mediterranean Bean Salad recipe with Cannellini beans, roasted peppers, olives, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and more.
Summer means more healthy side dish salads! This Mediterranean Inspired Bean Salad or this Mexican Bean Salad will be perfect for potlucks, a BBQ side dish or your main meal for a light lunch or supper. Packed full of healthy ingredients make this summer salad tasty and delicious! It would also go perfectly with these Fried Sausage Stuffed Olives!
Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe
I’m always looking for salad ideas that add an extra punch of nutrition and also make a great side dish. Salads made with beans do just that! The protein and fiber from the beans, the healthy fats from the olives and the antioxidant benefits of the red peppers make me feel like I’m doing the right thing.
Whenever I make this Mediterranean bean salad, I always wonder why I don’t cook more with artichoke hearts or sundried tomatoes! They are so good! I need to add them more to some of my pasta salads for a little variety. My Broccoli Salad with Pasta would be delicious with either or both added.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Bean Salad
Affiliate links for products listed are for your convenience only. This cost you nothing extra. If you happen to purchase anything as a result of clicking, TCL will receive a small percentage. Thank you for your support. This allows me to continue to offer you free content.
- Cannellini Beans
- Artichoke Hearts Marinated
- Roasted Red Peppers – I roasted my own. Just slice, toss with a little olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt under the broiler for 5 to 10 min.
- Black Olives
- Red Onion
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – packed in oil
- Olive Oil – I love the California Ranch brand.
- White balsamic vinegar – I’ve also used white wine vinegar in a pinch.
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves
Print the full recipe below.
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini or white kidney beans. Rinsed and drained.
- 1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts with juice.
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup roasted sweet peppers, sliced into pieces.
- 1 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed) sliced.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced basil leaves
- I will usually roast my own red peppers since they can be hard to find already roasted.
- Seed and slice your red pepper into one-inch pieces, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and broil for about 5 minutes or until they start to brown up.
- This recipe is one of those "dump it all in"recipes.
- Place all the ingredients, except the basil into a large bowl. Stir and mix to blend it all together.
- Chill for about 15 minutes.
- While it's chilling, slice up your basil leaves and add to the salad right before serving.
Calorie calculations are based on calorie content off the Tuscan Bean Salad from Costco.
Basil Cutting Tip: Stack and roll a few basil leaves, then slice with a knife. You'll get nice green strips.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 228Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 357mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 8g