Summer is heating up, so I know you’ll love this gorgeous Mexican Black Bean and Corn Salad! Summer Salads are always welcome in my home. The less cooking the better! With the fresh mango and avocado in this easy black bean and corn salad, I could just eat this with a bowl of chips and be the happiest person on earth!
See more Celebrate Summer Series ideas here.
This Mexican Black Bean and Corn Salad is a perfect side dish for any summer gathering. The light sweet corn, paired with seasoned beans and just-right avocado, blend beautifully. This version calls for diced mangoes for added and unexpected pop of sweetness. Chopped cilantro, scallions and lime zest perk up the flavors and make the salad fresh and herbaceous.
Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe
Pair the salad with grilled chicken, fish tacos or grilled flank steak brightened with Argentinian Chimichurri sauce. Or even better, use the salad for a burrito filling, add Authentic Mexican Salsa and any grilled protein.
You can easily make this salad a main dish by adding grilled shrimp or chicken and crushed tortilla strips for crunch. Because the flavors are on the lighter, zestier side, you may want to spice up your grilled shrimp with Harissa Sauce, a red pepper sauce.
And for a vegetarian twist, you can marinate diced tofu in lime juice or add chopped red and green peppers. So find a nice shady spot under a palm tree, with a chilled glass of lemonade and dig in.
- 1 12 oz. can black beans
- 1 whole avocado diced
- 2 whole Roma tomatoes diced
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 stems scallions chopped
- 2 tbs. olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbs. kosher salt
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ tbs. lime zest zest
- 3 whole corn shucked/ cleaned
- 1 whole mango diced
- Cut Roma tomatoes in quarters and remove seeds, then dice them into ½ in cubes and add to corn.
- Add two tbs. olive oil to the bowl.
- Add ½ bunch chopped cilantro, be sure to wash and pat dry before chopping.
- On a bias, julienne stems of 2 scallions.
- Dice 1 mango into 1-inch cubes and add to bowl.
- Then zest one lime and add to bowl.
- Open 1 12oz. can of black beans. using a strainer wash your black beans in cold water,
- Add clean black beans to the bowl.
- Small dice one large ripe avocado and add to bowl.
- Immediately Juice one lime and add to bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold until completely incorporated, be sure not to smash your avocados or black beans.
- Finally, add your lime zest and fold again.
- Serve immediately.