Dessert is easy with this 3 Ingredient No Churn Lemon Ice Cream!
While going through my late mother’s things, I found a recipe from an old magazine for this Tangy Lemon Ice Cream! I was stunned that it only had 3 ingredients and there was no pulling out the ice cream maker. So I renamed it 3 Ingredient No Churn Lemon Ice Cream so you’d know exactly how easy it was!
3 Ingredient No Churn Lemon Ice Cream
I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy a zester and I seem to always forget while I’m out. So while my husband was out doing the grocery shopping, I sent him a photo of a zesting tool and he brought one home!
It’s the simple things.
And speaking of simple, this recipe couldn’t be easier! From simple ingredients to simple instructions. My kind of recipes.
I’ve been wanting to try No Churn Ice Creams! Although I have never made them before, I do have two recipes on TCL shared by guest bloggers. No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream. It’s now my turn to try it!
- Heavy Whipping Cream
This is when you get to use your zester! I zested a full lemon, juiced my lemons and added my heavy cream and sugar to my mixing bowl before turning my mixer on high to form soft peaks. My glass containers with the snap tight lids worked great for freezing. In a few hours my 3 ingredient no churn lemon ice cream was ready!!!
I scooped it into my aunts adorable little dessert cups and had myself a little dessert!
I mean, look at those dessert cups….. they were made for this ice cream!
I love them!
Just ignore the sloppy job I did scooping. It didn’t last long, so it never mattered!
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Sugar
- Grate at least 1 tablespoon lemon peel (or more!) - a citrus zesting tool or a fine grater works well for this.
- Squeeze your lemons until you get ¼ cup of juice. I use this hand citrus squeezer.
- Place your lemon juice and grated peel in a mixing bowl with the heavy whipping cream and sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on high until soft peaks form when the beaters are lifted.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze for 2 to 3 hours, until it's hard.
- Feel free to garnish with more lemon zest.
I’m now ready to try more no churn ice creams or maybe even a shaved ice of some sort! I love fruity desserts in the summer! So refreshing!
- Citrus Squeezer- I have this one and use it daily! I could not live without it.
- Zest Grating Tool – I have this one and I like the extra lip at the top so I can lay it across the bowl while grating. Great for grating Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, garlic etc..
- Adorable Dessert Cups – they’re not green or old, but they’re cute!
- Snapware Airtight Food containers – You’ll use these for so much more.
More Summer Dessert Ideas